Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

So you say you want to work in Washington and serve your country

Here is an example of what has happened to hundreds of people just over the last couple of decades.  When a political prosecution decides you might know something.  They will ruin you financially.  It costs tens of thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer if you are called to testify before congress.  If they can find one word of inconsistency while you are talking to congress or the friendly FBI agents, they will prosecute you for it.  If you can't deliver the testimony they want you better make something up because you will be serving time.  Your kid might be serving time with you, and you most certainly will be made into a pauper if you can even afford the legal representation.

It is pretty common for people to plead guilty just to keep their spouse and children out of poverty.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915?mod=hp_opin_pos1

Mr. McCabe then urged Mr. Flynn to meet without a lawyer present. “I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Mr. Flynn] and the agents only. I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House Counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [Mr. Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants,” wrote Mr. McCabe in a memo viewed by the Flynn defense team.

According to the FBI summary of the interview—known as a 302—Mr. McCabe and FBI officials “decided the agents would not warn Flynn that it was a crime to lie during an FBI interview because they wanted Flynn to be relaxed and they were concerned that giving the warnings might adversely affect the rapport.”

We also know from then FBI Director James Comey that this was his idea. This is “something I probably wouldn’t have done or wouldn’t have gotten away with in a more organized administration,” Mr. Comey boasted on MSNBC this weekend. “In the George W. Bush Administration or the Obama Administration, if the FBI wanted to send agents into the White House itself to interview a senior official, you would work through the White House counsel, there would be discussions and approvals and who would be there. And I thought, it’s early enough let’s just send a couple guys over.”

If the goal was to set a legal trap, it worked. The two agents showed up at the White House within hours of Mr. McCabe’s call, and they reported in the 302 that General Flynn had been “relaxed and jocular” and “clearly saw the FBI agents as allies.” One of the agents was Peter Strzok, who is famous for his anti-Trump texts to his FBI paramour.

13 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Here is an example of what has happened to hundreds of people just over the last couple of decades.  When a political prosecution decides you might know something.  They will ruin you financially.  It costs tens of thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer if you are called to testify before congress.  If they can find one word of inconsistency while you are talking to congress or the friendly FBI agents, they will prosecute you for it.  If you can't deliver the testimony they want you better make something up because you will be serving time.  Your kid might be serving time with you, and you most certainly will be made into a pauper if you can even afford the legal representation.

It is pretty common for people to plead guilty just to keep their spouse and children out of poverty.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915?mod=hp_opin_pos1

Mr. McCabe then urged Mr. Flynn to meet without a lawyer present. “I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Mr. Flynn] and the agents only. I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House Counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [Mr. Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants,” wrote Mr. McCabe in a memo viewed by the Flynn defense team.

According to the FBI summary of the interview—known as a 302—Mr. McCabe and FBI officials “decided the agents would not warn Flynn that it was a crime to lie during an FBI interview because they wanted Flynn to be relaxed and they were concerned that giving the warnings might adversely affect the rapport.”

We also know from then FBI Director James Comey that this was his idea. This is “something I probably wouldn’t have done or wouldn’t have gotten away with in a more organized administration,” Mr. Comey boasted on MSNBC this weekend. “In the George W. Bush Administration or the Obama Administration, if the FBI wanted to send agents into the White House itself to interview a senior official, you would work through the White House counsel, there would be discussions and approvals and who would be there. And I thought, it’s early enough let’s just send a couple guys over.”

If the goal was to set a legal trap, it worked. The two agents showed up at the White House within hours of Mr. McCabe’s call, and they reported in the 302 that General Flynn had been “relaxed and jocular” and “clearly saw the FBI agents as allies.” One of the agents was Peter Strzok, who is famous for his anti-Trump texts to his FBI paramour.

How many of Hitlery's lawyers were allowed in the room when she was interviewed by strzok?

I guarantee you that the FBI and DOJ could take the average joe off the street and in two hours could get you to contradict yourself on some issue. Flynn was extremely ignorant to not have an attorney by his side under questioning. 

Even Comey under congressional testimony was smart enough to say I don’t remember 245 times. Same with Hiliary.