Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

rather than stay committed to UNLV and new coach MM, he eventually went with Ryan Miller to TCU. and now, he is playing for MM anyway.

5 hours ago, RebelTexan said:

Fischer was committed until Rice was fired/MM was hired, then he reopened up his recruitment, eventually going to TCU.  Apparently, he transferred from TCU to GCU, where MM is now.

Thanks you two. I totally forgot the timing of all of that.

10 minutes ago, qwelish said:

How does everyone feel about the ne 6'8 wing from New York? 

I love this signing. I see their vision. I cant wait to see how this team is playing in 2 or 3 years.

I'm wondering about schollie numbers.  6 recruits (so far) with 3 seniors.  Some rides are getting taken away it seems.

13 minutes ago, qwelish said:

How does everyone feel about the ne 6'8 wing from New York? 

I love this signing. I see their vision. I cant wait to see how this team is playing in 2 or 3 years.

He can be like the big point guard that UCLA has.

Watching New Mexico/McNeese on MW streaming and after one of the announcers pointed out that UNLV is 1-3, he added "Marvin Menzies might be in trouble over there".  Maybe Otz gets a pass this year if people think Menzies is still the coach.

9 minutes ago, nielsbohr said:

Watching New Mexico/McNeese on MW streaming and after one of the announcers pointed out that UNLV is 1-3, he added "Marvin Menzies might be in trouble over there".  Maybe Otz gets a pass this year if people think Menzies is still the coach.

That’s why they’re announcing on a stream and not on a real network.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

36BF38D1-E043-48C8-B228-40F5A28B5886.png

I thought he had a chance to be better than Diong. The other African big, Thione? He was Diong's friend who signed with the Utes. He hasnt done much either. 

Diong has turned out to be the best of the bunch, thus far. 

2 hours ago, nielsbohr said:

Lmmmfaaaaaooo

Aye that's funny

19 hours ago, RebelTexan said:

I'm wondering about schollie numbers.  6 recruits (so far) with 3 seniors.  Some rides are getting taken away it seems.

Dembele is a junior who has been here four years.  Expect him to be a graduate transfer out.  Perhaps Grand Canyon?

Coleman was a walk-on last season who was given an available scholarship for this season.

Green probably won't see the floor much this season.  He would have to realize that if he stays the competition for playing time will be much stiffer next year.

3 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Dembele is a junior who has been here four years.  Expect him to be a graduate transfer out.  Perhaps Grand Canyon?

Coleman was a walk-on last season who was given an available scholarship for this season.

Green probably won't see the floor much this season.  He would have to realize that if he stays the competition for playing time will be much stiffer next year.

All three will be gone.

SJSU needs to hire Menzies STAT. 

after 12 years as a HC at NMSU and UNLV he has the kind of money it takes to live comfortably in San Jose.

he has the ability to recruit solid JuCo and HS recruits...plus, if he takes SJSU 20-13 followed by 17-14 they'll give him a lifetime contract.

SJSU hoops is a steaming pile right now.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

42 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

SJSU needs to hire Menzies STAT. 

after 12 years as a HC at NMSU and UNLV he has the kind of money it takes to live comfortably in San Jose.

he has the ability to recruit solid JuCo and HS recruits...plus, if he takes SJSU 20-13 followed by 17-14 they'll give him a lifetime contract.

SJSU hoops is a steaming pile right now.

I don't think SJSU care about their facilities. Don't they play out a gym? He's been spoiled NMSU could be in the Mountain West for bb ... Their facilities nice. Until GCU opens up 👀

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Ethan Anderson is absolutely KILLING IT at USC.  5.2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.  That’s a guy we should’ve went all in to keep.

Never had the opportunity.  Anderson committed to USC a week before TJO was hired at UNLV.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

AIN'T NO GREATER TESTAMENT TO UNLV FANS' INFLATED OPINION ABOUT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THEIR BASKETBALL TEAM THAN THIS THREAD.

MAY IT NEVER DIE.

It's been suggested before the each MWC school have a sub-forum here so that everyone isn't bombarded with minutia about every school.

But @mugtang is right to not have sub-forums, because there are so many of you non-UNLV fans that are obsessed with entering every UNLV-related thread.