Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

20 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Your program has sucked for the better part of 30 years.

You've made exactly one good hire, post Tark.

Despite being a founding member of the MW, you've never won an outright title.

Despite being a relative new comer to the MW, we've done more here than you have, and it's obviously killing you.  And yes, we do have the program you wish you had. So does SDSU, and your other betters, USU & Fresno St.  You are years away from the level of those programs, even if TJ is worth a shit.

I do enjoy reading your posts.  They drip with Reno envy.

Haha, UNR has like 4 players that want to play for your new douchebag coach. Years away? UNLV is better than UNR today. I know that’s not great, but it sure highlights how pathetic UNR fans like you are. Not only has the sun set on your wildest ride ever. No one cares or will notice.

8 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

No UNLV teams pressed like the 76-77 team 

Don't think Tark zoned much back then - He used the amoeba zone with his later teams but the later teams didn't play full court like the '77 team did 

Love to see Totz press. Just not sure if Totz knows how to spell press, or what one looks like or if he even wants to.

Very interested to see what Totz does with this group, but still expecting roster movement.

"Menzies' pre-UNLV résumé was far more impressive than that of Otzelberger."

"Otzelberger made the cut. He clearly knows what he's doing. But I'm not sure he's a better coach than Marvin Menzies, the man UNLV fired to hire Otzelberger this week."

"Otzelberger lifted the program at South Dakota State to new heights during his three-year tenure," the UNLV press release said while announcing his hiring. That's not exactly true.

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/making-sense-of-unlv-replacing-marvin-menzies-with-tj-otzelberger

14 minutes ago, qwelish said:

"Menzies' pre-UNLV résumé was far more impressive than that of Otzelberger."

"Otzelberger made the cut. He clearly knows what he's doing. But I'm not sure he's a better coach than Marvin Menzies, the man UNLV fired to hire Otzelberger this week."

"Otzelberger lifted the program at South Dakota State to new heights during his three-year tenure," the UNLV press release said while announcing his hiring. That's not exactly true.

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/making-sense-of-unlv-replacing-marvin-menzies-with-tj-otzelberger

Hate to tell you ph your boy mediocre marv isn’t coming back. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

On 4/25/2019 at 7:43 PM, Boobie James said:

Haha, UNR has like 4 players that want to play for your new douchebag coach. Years away? UNLV is better than UNR today. I know that’s not great, but it sure highlights how pathetic UNR fans like you are. Not only has the sun set on your wildest ride ever. No one cares or will notice.

Sunset smack from a poster using the name of a former prop 48 player from the Tark era, who apparently cares enough to respond AND call Alford a douche. This is like 3 or 4 levels of fail. 

36 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Sunset smack from a poster using the name of a former prop 48 player from the Tark era, who apparently cares enough to respond AND call Alford a douche. This is like 3 or 4 levels of fail. 

Shame on that guy for posting in a rebel thread, :hmmm:

49 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Cause 4Vegas would never post in a Nevada thread. 

that was where you were supposed to say 'touche', lol, i had it all set up for you.

it's all good. it's the off season, there are no games, might as well mix things up a bit.

edit: oh, and I like the 4Vegas, i think I'll use that sometime.

When is graduation? I expect Juis to commit after graduation. 

The rest of the guys are probably waiting to see who stays in the draft and what teams offer.

So late may to early June we will probably still see roster movement.

4 minutes ago, qwelish said:

When is graduation? I expect Juis to commit after graduation. 

The rest of the guys are probably waiting to see who stays in the draft and what teams offer.

So late may to early June we will probably still see roster movement.

Isn't the next signing day May 15th?  I would think coachces would want to have their rosters finalized by then.

Sport Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
D1 Basketball (early period) November 14, 2018 November 21, 2018
D1 Basketball (regular period) April 17, 2019 May 15, 2019

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Isn't the next signing day May 15th?  I would think coachces would want to have their rosters finalized by then.

Sport Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
D1 Basketball (early period) November 14, 2018 November 21, 2018
D1 Basketball (regular period) April 17, 2019 May 15, 2019

I think that is for high school live recruiting and signing. 

Juis is a grad transfer, so some of us are guessing he waits until after graduation to officially sign with Grand Canyon.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

I think that is for high school live recruiting and signing. 

Juis is a grad transfer, so some of us are guessing he waits until after graduation to officially sign with Grand Canyon.

Gotcha.  That makes sense.  Is there a firm date for transfers?

Just now, Wyobraska said:

Gotcha.  That makes sense.  Is there a firm date for transfers?

That I do not know. Typically id say no. But theres got to be something in place for grad transfers since most time its their final year.