Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

10 hours ago, mundyc3 said:

With Suns firing yet another coach, could Dan Majerle get the job? Could that mean Menzies might luck into the Grand Canyon job?

That would be epic. Not sure why Marjerle would be a candidate in Phx. 

Of course the obvious connection, but they passed on him so many times and that position has been open a bunch.

12 hours ago, mundyc3 said:

With Suns firing yet another coach, could Dan Majerle get the job? Could that mean Menzies might luck into the Grand Canyon job?

The Suns are going against the Lakers for Monty Williams.  I don't know what Williams has accomplished to warrant that, but the Suns fired their coach to go after him.

14 hours ago, mundyc3 said:

Phoenix hires Majerle, GCU goes in a different direction and hires someone else as HC. New HC brings on new staff. Menzies back out in the wind and UNLV not having to pay the buyout. That would be amusing.

55 minutes ago, qwelish said:

What sort of childish mf'r would wish that a man would lose his job?

200.gif

Uh oh. Qwelish back on his high horse. 

I didn't say i would wish that he would lose his job at GCU. Just said it would be amusing if that scenario played out with getting UNLV off the hook for the buyout.

I did wish for him to lose his job at UNLV and that worked out. But shame on someone for wanting a bad coach fired. 

Image result for shame gif

4 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

Phoenix hires Majerle, GCU goes in a different direction and hires someone else as HC. New HC brings on new staff. Menzies back out in the wind and UNLV not having to pay the buyout. That would be amusing.

To be honest you guys are worrying about the wrong things. Everyone was talking about UNLV being on the hook for Marvin buy out but UNLV had to buy out TJO, and his contract is significantly larger and fully guaranteed except if he leaves lmao!!!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

To be honest you guys are worrying about the wrong things. Everyone was talking about UNLV being on the hook for Marvin buy out but UNLV had to buy out TJO, and his contract is significantly larger and fully guaranteed except if he leaves lmao!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day we don't have to pay Menzies. That's $750k that we saved. 

We can worry about Otzelberger's buyout in 3-4 years if we need to. 

21 hours ago, qwelish said:

What sort of childish mf'r would wish that a man would lose his job?

200.gif

What different kinds of childish mfers are there?

Asking for nobody in particular.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

When Otz leaves we'll be getting paid and not the other way around.

Sadly, that's about the best you can hope for.  But it sure is a lot better than having to fire another guy who couldn't get the job done. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

18 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Sadly, that's about the best you can hope for.  But it sure is a lot better than having to fire another guy who couldn't get the job done. 

Totz isnt going anywhere. If he kills it UNLV is matching.

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

Totz isnt going anywhere. If he kills it UNLV is matching.

He will leave when the first decent P5 calls. 

Honestly, I have my doubts he'll be much better than your last two, but I hope I'm wrong. 

The guy doesn't like defense. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He will leave when the first decent P5 calls. 

Honestly, I have my doubts he'll be much better than your last two, but I hope I'm wrong. 

The guy doesn't like defense. 

That's okay, many UNLV fans don't care much about defense either.

Just winning isn't enough, it has to be fast and pretty also.