Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

Wow!  I was wrong on that one.  Why in the hell would GCU pay that much to an assistant?  Crazy.  

Associate head coach is like head coach in waiting plus Marv is known as a mercenary he doesn’t mind taking the load and the $$$ with out the fame 👀 he left a whole mini power house just for a pay raise double 

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Because if they agreed to another deal BEFORE he took another job, they'd reduce the buyout. 

It may not matter anyway. If the salary reports are true, Marvin becomes only your second coach to leave UNLV for a better job.  

I don’t think you understand the buyout terms in the contract. If he does ANY sports related activities, volunteering etc the buyout is voided.  

Unlv is completely off the hook, doesn’t owe him squat. Why negotiate against yourself? Makes zero sense. 

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

I don’t think you understand the buyout terms in the contract. If he does ANY sports related activities, volunteering etc the buyout is voided.  

Unlv is completely off the hook, doesn’t owe him squat. Why negotiate against yourself? Makes zero sense. 

I was speculating as to why Marvin walked away from 800 k.  I was speculating that perhaps he didn't and he and unlv made a mutually beneficial, side deal that would allow Marvin to work and vegas gets a vastly improved buyout. 

He could have just pretended to be looking for work and just collect his money, but he didn't.  I find it difficult to believe he walked away from 800k. Very few people would do that. 

However, if the reports of a high salary are true, he didn't walk away from anything.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Im thinking the african pipeline to gcu is going to pay 'big' dividends. 

Will be interesting to track the progress of gcu next to UNLV. I think thunder Dan knows more about bball than bad unknowledgable UNLV fans. 

Looks like Menzies has what it takes to make more money than he was at UNLV.

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Yet not what it takes to get hired at mighty Cal Poly.

Lol you don’t know how these thing works. If he’s being paid more in his associate head coach  role than most the coaches in cal poly league you don’t think he could have had the job if he “wanted” it? 🤔 lmaaaaaaaaao y’all are hillllllaaaaarriiioooouusss!!!!!

9 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Lol you don’t know how these thing works. If he’s being paid more in his associate head coach  role than most the coaches in cal poly league you don’t think he could have had the job if he “wanted” it? 🤔 lmaaaaaaaaao y’all are hillllllaaaaarriiioooouusss!!!!!

Yep, you are sure the incredibly knowledgeable afficianado you fancy yourself as. 

(Usually those who have to constantly remind others how phenomenal they are, are lacking in some area)

Marv is still waiting for that call from Houston...

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

44 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Yep, you are sure the incredibly knowledgeable afficianado you fancy yourself as. 

(Usually those who have to constantly remind others how phenomenal they are, are lacking in some area)

Marv is still waiting for that call from Houston...

Lol it’s all love bro! It’s just bs talking not personal...

1 hour ago, UNLV 1 said:

Much like what you are going to do shortly. Bitch.

A little aggressive way to tell someone they're moving on to new and exciting things, but I'll allow it.  Reboots in general are dark and gritty, fortune cookie sayings are no different

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.