Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

time to move on---quit talking and comparing rice--who cares--quit comparing period--marv is on his own--he has done nothing--the stands are empty--me included--i quit donating

when he was hired--we went from so so to worse so i baled.  tired of the post tark years--tired of waiting for a real hire--get the money out and hire a real coach--takes money to

make money--come on unlv--make the hire or quit the program--the fans are leaving faster than the leaves

49 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

On the rare occasion I visit Rebel Net these days it seems nearly all aren't fans of #metoo Marv, mostly because they are all still on Dave Rice's jock and think UNLV would be a powerhouse if he was still here.

I hear they recently had their 437th Dave Rice appreciation thread.  Unbelievable.  

1 hour ago, Ernie Baer said:

I hear they recently had their 437th Dave Rice appreciation thread.  Unbelievable.  

Ernie, what's the word?  Still the same, Marv most likely one more year?

36 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

Ernie, what's the word?  Still the same, Marv most likely one more year?

From what I hear nothings changed.  Admin not intending to get rid of him, at least not at the moment.  Boosters scrambling like crazy to find someone with a decent name (heard Mark Fox’s name, wants back in, particularly out west) to convince them to make a move.  Going to be an interesting next few weeks. As usual though in these situations more than likely a lot more fiction from fact.

22 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

From what I hear nothings changed.  Admin not intending to get rid of him, at least not at the moment.  Boosters scrambling like crazy to find someone with a decent name (heard Mark Fox’s name, wants back in, particularly out west) to convince them to make a move.  Going to be an interesting next few weeks. As usual though in these situations more than likely a lot more fiction from fact.

Thanks, man.  Former UNR coach, don't know what to think of him.  Not a splash hire, IMO.  Very interesting next few weeks indeed.

7 hours ago, qwelish said:

Worse how than the Rice era? Be specific. 

Come on.  Rice is the third winningest coach in Unlv history.  2 NCAA tournament bids and a ton of talent on the floor.   ( I know the usual he was left with more argument.  )  But comparing Unlv successes between the two coaches is not close.  MM has the worse win percentage as a Unlv coach.  Rice is third.  MM won’t ever make a post season tournament.   Rice made 2.  Not sure how anyone with any common sense can think Unlv is better off right now.  What am I missing. 

33 minutes ago, slappy said:

Come on.  Rice is the third winningest coach in Unlv history.  2 NCAA tournament bids and a ton of talent on the floor.   ( I know the usual he was left with more argument.  )  But comparing Unlv successes between the two coaches is not close.  MM has the worse win percentage as a Unlv coach.  Rice is third.  MM won’t ever make a post season tournament.   Rice made 2.  Not sure how anyone with any common sense can think Unlv is better off right now.  What am I missing. 

Next years team will have a roster constructed much like the team Rice first inherited from Kruger.

This season MM already has more mwc wins than Rice had his last 2 seasons. If MM wins one more mwc game he will tie the highest mwc win total Rice ever had. 

If UNLV wins its final two, doubtful. MM will have won more games than Rice ever did in a mwc season.

The trajectory of wins trended down each season under Rice. The opposite with MM. Especially in conference play.

MM may be fired after this year. I dont care. I expect UNLV to win the mwc next season no matter who the coach is.

8 hours ago, qwelish said:

Next years team will have a roster constructed much like the team Rice first inherited from Kruger.

This season MM already has more mwc wins than Rice had his last 2 seasons. If MM wins one more mwc game he will tie the highest mwc win total Rice ever had. 

If UNLV wins its final two, doubtful. MM will have won more games than Rice ever did in a mwc season.

The trajectory of wins trended down each season under Rice. The opposite with MM. Especially in conference play.

MM may be fired after this year. I dont care. I expect UNLV to win the mwc next season no matter who the coach is.

We should win the next two games.

5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

We should win the next two games.

Well only one more win to go 4-3 to close out, which is a good finish. If they finish 5-2 that would be outstanding, 

Especially after I said they would definitely not finish 5-2. I hope they prove me wrong! Unfortunately I wouldnt be surprised if they lose the last two games. Colorado st plays well at home.

5 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Well only one more win to go 4-3 to close out, which is a good finish. If they finish 5-2 that would be outstanding, 

Especially after I said they would definitely not finish 5-2. I hope they prove me wrong! Unfortunately I wouldnt be surprised if they lose the last two games. Colorado st plays well at home.

I expect an 11-7 finish, 10-8 at worst.