Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

37 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

One interview.  You don’t see me at work.  You don’t see me interacting with other people.  It’s a very autistic assessment on your part.

Have you met Menzies before? I just don't understand how you give him no criticism

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

What does me meeting him have to do with anything?  Have you met him?

I have criticisms of him.  Nobody is perfect.

It's hard to be critical if a guy was good to you. I met Menzies when he was an assistant here. He is a bullshit artist. I met spoon and told him he wasn't meeting expectations. You probably came in your pants when you met Menzies .

21 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

It's hard to be critical if a guy was good to you. I met Menzies when he was an assistant here. He is a bullshit artist. I met spoon and told him he wasn't meeting expectations. You probably came in your pants when you met Menzies .

Never met him.  Based on your response, you’re the one who is biased (against him).

Your sentiment pretty much sums up how I’ve felt since he was hired.  People were against him from day one and will take any opportunity they can to shit on him.

People bash him for winning at New Mexico State.  How would you like it if you went to some interview and someone said that your experience didn’t count?  I essentially had that happen before.  I would have told the woman off if I could go back.

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If we are in the same situation two years from now.  If he can’t do better than now with a roster of juniors and seniors, then it’s time. I don’t think that will be an issue though.  He’ll have seniors in Hardy and Diong and juniors in Ntambwe, Hamilton, and Tchamwa Tchatchoua.  He’d also have a sophomore Ethan Anderson.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to project a roster 2 years from now given the amount of transfers in division 1 basketball.  I read an article that stated 40% of the kids that go from high school to division 1 won't be at their original school after their sophomore year.  UNLV could pickup transfers to fill the holes but it is extremely tough recruit freshman and expect them to stay all 4 years.  Not saying it won't happen for you, just that you will need to beat the odds.

4 minutes ago, packNV said:

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to project a roster 2 years from now given the amount of transfers in division 1 basketball.  I read an article that stated 40% of the kids that go from high school to division 1 won't be at their original school after their sophomore year.  UNLV could pickup transfers to fill the holes but it is extremely tough recruit freshman and expect them to stay all 4 years.  Not saying it won't happen for you, just that you will need to beat the odds.

It happens at San Diego State.  Marvin Menzies worked under Steve Fisher.  We didn’t have anybody transfer last off-season.  Menzies is pretty clear what his expectations are when he recruits, and I think that’s why there has been little turnover.  The only transfers happened after his first year.  They were players that Menzies brought in to fill out the roster.

One last thing I’ll add is that I reviewed Jeff Goodman’s transfer list for the last two years he was at New Mexico State.  Zero transfers.  I believe his last transfer at New Mexico State went to Auburn.

44 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I wish he scheduled tougher games.  That will happen starting next year.  I also wish he ran more BLOBS w down screens.  He seems content to just get the ball in.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

It happens at San Diego State.  Marvin Menzies worked under Steve Fisher.  We didn’t have anybody transfer last off-season.  Menzies is pretty clear what his expectations are when he recruits, and I think that’s why there has been little turnover.  The only transfers happened after his first year.  They were players that Menzies brought in to fill out the roster.

I just watched Cheatham play for ASU last night.  He would most likely be SDSU's best player this year.  

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

So let me get this straight... according to you, if Marv's UNLV team is "doing better" than our current 12-11 nightmare team that repeatedly gets blown to smithereens vs. Weak MWC competition, that would be a job well done. 

After 5 full years!

You embrace mediocrity with enthusiasm unlike anyone ive seen!

Ph is a loser. Hence why he likes other losers and is fine with mediocrity. It’s all he knows. 

5 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Ph is a loser. Hence why he likes other losers and is fine with mediocrity. It’s all he knows. 

Whatever dude.  Making inferences about me based on the fact that I want Menzies to stay is beyond absurd.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Whatever dude.  Making inferences about me based on the fact that I want Menzies to stay is beyond absurd.

It’s a lot more than just you wanting Menzies to stay. You’ve provided more than enough material over the last few years posting on this board to know what type of person you are. 

6AE58E74-09EC-452E-8633-DD822E8434C4.gif