Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

38 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Funny, you guys could have posted all of this during the win streak, but most of you were predictably quiet and "missing games".

Rosegreen was there. 

So now its all about recruiting rankings, eh? Hmmmmm Who is flip flopping now? But now youre talking about Djordie should be coached up? You are without a doubt the biggest flipflopping hypocrite in the fan base. And so is your sock, slaphappy..

Theres no doubt about Menzies how many conference championships Menzies has won and how many ncaa appearances hes won. 5 tournaments in 7 years in a good accomplishment.

There is no debate. Your stats are beside the point because that program doesnt have a history of acheiving more than that.

Im not saying Menzies is a great coach. He is decent. No need to come out and act like things are sooo much worse than we already knew, just like there was no reason to pretend they were great during the win streak.

Its just funny how much you guys circle jerk each other when things arent going well. But conveniently disapper when the sun shines on the dogs ass. Like you cant stand optimistic realism. 

Dude, just stop. You have flip flopped. After the first couple bad losses in OOC you went off about how menzies needs time, he would get it done, young players, recruiting, yadda yadda. Then there were more bad losses and you changed your tune to being more critical of menzies and he probably not lasting through this season. Then the 3 game win streak, and all of a sudden the team is being coached up and looking great due to marvin. Now they get blown out by AF when we had ample time to prepare and it isn't marv's fault. It's back to being inexperienced. 

I'm sorry that my life doesn't revolve around this board (even though mug would probably like that). Even through the win streak against the bottom teams in our league, I still maintained that I think menzies is not right for the job. We stole a game vs CSU and struggled against Wyoming for a lot of the game. You got all circle jerk happy about the win streak and being in 1st place after beating some of the worst teams. This is a solid 6th place team. They aren't better than that. 

You are a clown. Just like ph.

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Every school has to have a worst poster. 90702 became weary of being UNLV's so qwelish stepped into the breach. Alleviating 90702 of the chore is quite commendable actually.

I thought it would be difficult to usurp ph. But qwelish is heading in the right direction. 

14 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Dude, just stop. You have flip flopped. After the first couple bad losses in OOC you went off about how menzies needs time, he would get it done, young players, recruiting, yadda yadda. Then there were more bad losses and you changed your tune to being more critical of menzies and he probably not lasting through this season. Then the 3 game win streak, and all of a sudden the team is being coached up and looking great due to marvin. Now they get blown out by AF when we had ample time to prepare and it isn't marv's fault. It's back to being inexperienced. 

I'm sorry that my life doesn't revolve around this board (even though mug would probably like that). Even through the win streak against the bottom teams in our league, I still maintained that I think menzies is not right for the job. We stole a game vs CSU and struggled against Wyoming for a lot of the game. You got all circle jerk happy about the win streak and being in 1st place after beating some of the worst teams. This is a solid 6th place team. They aren't better than that. 

You are a clown. Just like ph.

The mark of a man, or little girl, who does not have a take. The personal attack.

I never promised or proclaimed that Menzies would get anything done. Youre a lying little puss. I have said the SENIORS SUCK, repeatedly. I blame Marvin for playing them so much. Then at least 5 or 6 posters here pile on me saying NOOOO CLYBURN IS THE GREATEST, HE'S BETTER THAN JORDAN... Or whatever, idunno. 

I have been critical of Menzies from day one. Just for different reasons. After he struck out on Christian Brown, I got more critical, but it's not like I was not critical before. I just wasnt buying that you guys have it all figured out and know for a fact that he will not win here. I think he can get UNLV to the NCAA's because of his track record on a lower level, but I think his time line is way off and will not fly here. 

I literally say the same shit over and over and over again, but some of you guys are hella emotional like lil bishes and just interpret the things I say into what you want me to be saying it, to oversimplify my thoughts for your little feeble brain.

If Marvin took another approach, I think he MIGHT be able to get it done, but we can only speculate about what ifs and maybes. The only thing we can measure is his stated and chosen approach, which is a 5 year rebuild that will not fly here.

And the underlined is your PUSS OUT for not knowing what was said, and by whom. So you just paraphrase and make shit up because youre not quite smart enough to just say nothing when youre not sure about what was said. 

Its one thing to be off on your facts a bit. Its completely another thing to put words and thoughts onto others when they do not apply. That makes you a complete knob ass jerk. Wear it, it fits for sure.

53 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Very valid? Or just valid? Its funny how you throw an extra word into your posts. Im teasing you because youre piling on right now. I wasnt any more impressed with the win streak than I am distraught about this last loss. Its just funny how these guys get extra active at certain, obvious times. You post consistently win or lose. I respect that. I feel the same about MM that I have been. Hes shown ability, but I dont think his time frames are going to fly here. His program will not be ready to win at an acceptable level until year 5. That does not mean hes devoid of ability and needs to be bashed relentlessly. Thats just goofy.

Over-using adverbs and adjectives is definitely is a weakness of mine.  Likely one of the reasons I haven't been able to get my book published.

Everyone has certain weaknesses, such as your penchant for being an incredibly arrogant know-it-all and insulting other posters.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

27 minutes ago, qwelish said:

The mark of a man, or little girl, who does not have a take. The personal attack.

I never promised or proclaimed that Menzies would get anything done. Youre a lying little puss. I have said the SENIORS SUCK, repeatedly. I blame Marvin for playing them so much. Then at least 5 or 6 posters here pile on me saying NOOOO CLYBURN IS THE GREATEST, HE'S BETTER THAN JORDAN... Or whatever, idunno. 

I have been critical of Menzies from day one. Just for different reasons. After he struck out on Christian Brown, I got more critical, but it's not like I was not critical before. I just wasnt buying that you guys have it all figured out and know for a fact that he will not win here. I think he can get UNLV to the NCAA's because of his track record on a lower level, but I think his time line is way off and will not fly here. 

I literally say the same shit over and over and over again, but some of you guys are hella emotional like lil bishes and just interpret the things I say into what you want me to be saying it, to oversimplify my thoughts for your little feeble brain.

If Marvin took another approach, I think he MIGHT be able to get it done, but we can only speculate about what ifs and maybes. The only thing we can measure is his stated and chosen approach, which is a 5 year rebuild that will not fly here.

And the underlined is your PUSS OUT for not knowing what was said, and by whom. So you just paraphrase and make shit up because youre not quite smart enough to just say nothing when youre not sure about what was said. 

Its one thing to be off on your facts a bit. Its completely another thing to put words and thoughts onto others when they do not apply. That makes you a complete knob ass jerk. Wear it, it fits for sure.

tenor.gif

You should hang out with ph. You are two peas in a pod. 

3 hours ago, qwelish said:

Its not an indictement on Menzies ability to coach or build a program.

Yeah.

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

1st you make a point and then you go on to prove it. Classic.

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

^yikes. 

But it I don’t advocate firing any coach midseason unless there’s major recruiting or program violations. 

From what I recall, Grg quit early in his first season, Billy Bayno got canned midway thru the season, Spoon "retired" under heavy pressure, and of course Rice got himself canned 3 games into MW play.

That's 4 of the last 5 full-time UNLV coaches to not make it through their final season, which is downright strange.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

I would expect this thread and Marv to be around this year and next. Nothing gained with a mid season circus like a few years ago. Plenty of time to do things right but that hasn't't been our history for decades.

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

From what I recall, Grg quit early in his first season, Billy Bayno got canned midway thru the season, Spoon "retired" under heavy pressure, and of course Rice got himself canned 3 games into MW play.

That's 4 of the last 5 full-time UNLV coaches to not make it through their final season, which is downright strange.

What’s interesting, outside of Spoon who was too old, the rest were basically career assistants.  Kruger was decent because he was a HC with a track record. All I’m saying is, midseason firings aren’t good, just let the HC finish the season. 

I’ve been watching a lot of CBB this year and made note of a couple of current head coaches in the country who would be tremendous in Las Vegas. 

50 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

I would expect this thread and Marv to be around this year and next. Nothing gained with a mid season circus like a few years ago. Plenty of time to do things right but that hasn't't been our history for decades.

I was told today by a connected individual to all things UNLV, that “the wheels are in motion” to find Menzies replacement at the conclusion of the season. 

He won’t be back next season. 

7 hours ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Over-using adverbs and adjectives is definitely is a weakness of mine.  Likely one of the reasons I haven't been able to get my book published.

Everyone has certain weaknesses, such as your penchant for being an incredibly arrogant know-it-all and insulting other posters.

Verbs too...:ph34r:

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

5 hours ago, quickdraw said:

1st you make a point and then you go on to prove it. Classic.

All I did was state my opinions of what was going on and this guy calls me a clown out of nowhere. And now youre all self righteous because I went back at him?

Sure guy.

7 hours ago, VincentVegaBond said:

incredibly arrogant know-it-all and insulting other posters.

But you say nothing to the guy who called me a clown before I lit into him. Yeah, okay.

I didn't insult you at all. Why get all bent out of shape about it just because I noticed?

Youre being a bit sensitive if youre going to engage just as much as everyone else in leveling insults on here.

Which you do.

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

I was told today by a connected individual to all things UNLV, that “the wheels are in motion” to find Menzies replacement at the conclusion of the season. 

He won’t be back next season. 

I heard that as well.