Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I know plenty.  I still contend that I’m among the smartest on this board.  You get offended when I say it because you know it’s true.

How do you reconcile your smarts with your steady stream of idotic statements and contradictions?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

38 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Usually if you have to constantly brag about how smart you are, something is amiss.

I thought so too, but apparently, guys like you and I are just envious of Ph's superior intellect.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You guys thought Tony was gone too.

Soon we will find out if you have a real AD or not.

I'm also guessing very few will be shocked if he gets another year.

Tony was kept another year because of the Fertitta Facility for the FB program and he’s been told to go Bowling next season or find a new job. 

With Menzies, the facilities are already in place and should not take long at UNLV to start winning again. Menzies isn’t taking advantage of anything in Las Vegas. Plenty of local talent and we aren’t recruiting the area. 

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

Tony was kept another year because of the Fertitta Facility for the FB program and he’s been told to go Bowling next season or find a new job. 

With Menzies, the facilities are already in place and should not take long at UNLV to start winning again. Menzies isn’t taking advantage of anything in Las Vegas. Plenty of local talent and we aren’t recruiting the area. 

REally good post, dude.

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

How hard is it to show up to Coronado HS to see these guys? What is it a 20-30 minute drive ? 

What an embarrassment and lazy recruiting. 

the coaches HAVE been to Coronado, but the fans aren't bothering to show up at the UNLV games.

The facts are these. 

Marvin's first season is a complete wash.  We all agree on that, right? He basically gets no blame or responsibility for season 1.

So in the second season he went from 11 wins to 20. You can opine that he underachieved but that's a plus in Marv's column at the end of the day.

We're in the middle of the third and while so far it's been uninspiring, it's still basically his second season that he's responsible for and it's far from over.  Even if it continues down this road and is disappointing, it's still basically his "second" season of a rebuild and he's not going to get fired based on performance.  He may be removed if DRF has someone else that's more of a sure thing lined up but I doubt they just fire him and see who else is available.  She didn't fire Tony.

Lastly, I'm not a huge Marvin fan, or am trying to convince you he's the guy, but I think some of us need a reality check.

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The facts are these. 

Marvin's first season is a complete wash.  We all agree on that, right? He basically gets no blame or responsibility for season 1.

So in the second season he went from 11 wins to 20. You can opine that he underachieved but that's a plus in Marv's column at the end of the day.

We're in the middle of the third and while so far it's been uninspiring, it's still basically his second season that he's responsible for and it's far from over.  Even if it continues down this road and is disappointing, it's still basically his "second" season of a rebuild and he's not going to get fired based on performance.  He may be removed if DRF has someone else that's more of a sure thing lined up but I doubt they just fire him and see who else is available.  She didn't fire Tony.

Lastly, I'm not a huge Marvin fan, or am trying to convince you he's the guy, but I think some of us need a reality check.

Would you like it extended to 7 years, 8, or 10? His supposedly 2nd year is worst than this his first? Why is that, or is it because McCoy  effect? Do you think he will get another McCoy type recruit any time soon?

1 hour ago, bookworm said:

Would you like it extended to 7 years, 8, or 10? His supposedly 2nd year is worst than this his first? Why is that, or is it because McCoy  effect? Do you think he will get another McCoy type recruit any time soon?

I think 7 years is fair. If he doesn't get in the top 3 of the Mountain West conference by then, I say give him a warning and if he doesn't get it in the next two probationary years after that, give him a firm "you have three more years left, buster." That's fair. 

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

The facts are these. 

Finally, another voice of reason.

1 hour ago, bookworm said:

Ntambwe might be better than McCoy.  JTT looks like an amazing find.   

This is year two if we don't count the first disaster year he inherited.  Got to give really any coach at least 3-4 "real years" before he's finally judged. Especially after what he inherited.