quickdraw

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes?

Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNLV To The Top Of The MWC  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Does Marvin Menzies Have What It Takes To Return UNVL To The Top Of The MWC

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes to Return UNLV to the Top of the MWC? Simple question that has been getting beaten about every where. What say you?

I'll answer my own question. No. At this point in his career we know what he has and is capable of. This year and any other will be more of the same.

Methinks Marv maintains mesmerizing, maddening mediocrity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

The thread should be titled, “How can I repackage a UNLV basketball topic discussed over and over and sell it as something new?”

• Like 3

I wasn’t thrilled with the hire, and certainly thought TKM rushed to fill the position not caring about the qualifications because it was such an embarrassment that the school had a 3 month head start over the rest of the country to get locked in on a coach. 

As far as the poll goes, I’ll vote on it in mid January. How Menzies finishes OOC and starts against a terrible conference will solidify it for me. Not happy with this 4-4 start but maybe a light bulb goes off for this group. 

21 hours ago, ph90702 said:

The thread should be titled, “How can I repackage a UNLV basketball topic discussed over and over and sell it as something new?”

I appreciate your opinion seeing as you are the KING of starting threads strictly for the purpose of getting people to talk to you. That said this thread is relevant to finally get opinions from people strictly on the single and most important question. Over the past 2 months most of that single question has been chewed up and spit out in various ways and places. So here it is, one place and one vote. As far as posting afterwards in this thread, yeah that really isn't necessary seeing as everything that can be said has already been said wayyyy tooooo many times.

• Like 1

Had to vote yes.  I think if he is given 10 years or so there should be enough stability to get unvl back in the hunt.  Won’t be every year, but I think he could get it done. 

14 minutes ago, slappy said:

Had to vote yes.  I think if he is given 10 years or so there should be enough stability to get unvl back in the hunt.  Won’t be every year, but I think he could get it done. 

Do you think 10 years is enough time for Marvin?

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 7:05 PM, quickdraw said:

Does Marvin Menzies Have What it Takes to Return UNLV to the Top of the MWC? Simple question that has been getting beaten about every where. What say you?

When were they ever on top?

• Like 1

I never liked the hire I thought UNLV could have done better.

1 hour ago, rebelcuff said:

If only tina wouldn't of given in to public pressure we would have Been Howland right now.

That was a terrible set back, bigger than Beard who even had he stayed wouldn’t have been around long.

But hey we got a half season of Zimmerman and a full season of Zimmermom.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Leaning no, but I want to see what he does next year before I make my final decision.

• Like 1