Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

My Appearance on The Vegas Take

It seems like a common theme with people that loved Kruger. They get highly emotional and spew off these irrational arguments that have nothing to do with Kruger or UNLV. They act like what Kruger did is the ceiling of this program, and its just not. They act like the hires that have been made were the only hires that could have been made. A good hire after Lon and the program skyrockets. It doesnt mean he should not have been nudged out.

Great job with that interview, by the way. It would have been nice for you to have corrected him, letting him know that Lon never won the MW conference. He won the conference tournament. 

Their best arguments for Lon are to trash Menzies and Dave Rice. That guy just talked over you and wouldnt let you make many points. You did a good job holding it together.

Id like to call in too.

The team did not get worse as the season went on. The schedule was back loaded with Rebs playing  all of the best teams in the last 10 to 12 games. The team got better, but it was also playing better teams who were vying for at large and mwc top positions.

I want to go on that show too!

Good luck on your future radio career PH. Have many beautiful women come up to you as you were standing at the bar and ask for a date? Have any ask you to spend the weekend with them?  When you become a major star and have a syndicated show remember all the "little people".

I do not believe you convinced many listeners that the UNLV basketball program is moving in the correct direction but that is just my opinion.

1 hour ago, the former 1066 said:

Good luck on your future radio career PH. Have many beautiful women come up to you as you were standing at the bar and ask for a date? Have any ask you to spend the weekend with them?  When you become a major star and have a syndicated show remember all the "little people".

I do not believe you convinced many listeners that the UNLV basketball program is moving in the correct direction but that is just my opinion.

My main goal was to argue that it was a good thing Kruger left.  I didn’t have enough time for Menzies tbh.  I had a lot I planned on saying that didn’t get discussed.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

My main goal was to argue that it was a good thing Kruger left.  I didn’t have enough time for Menzies tbh.  I had a lot I planned on saying that didn’t get discussed.

Ph I have supported you from day 1 for many reasons, but you got hammered in the same fashion I hammer most Unlv fans when it comes to rebel basketball.  

I am glad to see that atleast your local radio guys have some common sense.  Sometimes when I talk with rebel fans on this board I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.  

All that said good job on getting your points out there.  It isn’t easy. 

5 minutes ago, slappy said:

Disagree.  He wasn’t bad.  

He just wasn’t posting on the MW board where for some reason there are quite a few delusional fans.  

Right or wrong he never let PH answer any questions. Just demagogued the whole time.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Right or wrong he never let PH answer any questions. Just demagogued the whole time.

I thought ph got his shots.  Maybe I just knew exactly where ph was going with all statements while he was saying them.  Dang I’ve been on this board way too much lately.