Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

Colorado at New Mexico Game...

Lobos are going to lose this game and they have to look in the mirror and decide that they need to change something on the defensive side.  They have good offense but are dismal on D.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Disappointing to see them lose like this. Just can’t seem to close a close game out. And the guy they needed taking the shot at the end (Mathis), fouls out t the end.

coach should have had someone else foul. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 minutes ago, Hoser said:

Lobos are going to lose this game and they have to look in the mirror and decide that they need to change something on the defensive side.  They have good offense but are dismal on D.

I just thought they were a little undisciplined defensively.  Far too many reach fouls away from the basket gave CU too many free throws.  Other than that I thought the Lobos played pretty well.  CU is easily a Top 75 team and maybe a borderline NCAA Tourney Team.

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

I just thought they were a little undisciplined defensively.  Far too many reach fouls away from the basket gave CU too many free throws.  Other than that I thought the Lobos played pretty well.  CU is easily a Top 75 team and maybe a borderline NCAA Tourney Team.

CU has struggled at the stripe some this season and the Buffs were money in tonight's game.

This win is going to give CU a boost in confidence on the road in Pac-12 play.  If the Buffs hold serve at home as usual and goes .500 on the road at best, this is a tourney team for sure.

11 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

CU has struggled at the stripe some this season and the Buffs were money in tonight's game.

This win is going to give CU a boost in confidence on the road in Pac-12 play.  If the Buffs hold serve at home as usual and goes .500 on the road at best, this is a tourney team for sure.

Previous idiocy edited out: That would be like a record of 13-5. Even given the current state of the Pac12, I agree that the Buffs would probably get into the tourney. 

As is the usual story line about the Lobos, they struggle to stop or defend any good strong fast guards... CUs wa no different. He blew by the lobos inside again and again.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

33 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

That would be, at best, 11-7 in conference. Given the current state of the Pac12, I don't think that would be a "for sure" tourney team. 

Winning at home and going .500 on the road gets you 13-5 or 14-4 in conference depending how the odd road game shakes out.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Winning at home and going .500 on the road gets you 13-5 or 14-4 in conference depending how the odd road game shakes out.

And that would get CU to about 20 wins before the conference tourney.  That should be enough to get into the tourney.  Not bad for a team picked to finish 9th in the P12 this season.

14 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

As is the usual story line about the Lobos, they struggle to stop or defend any good strong fast guards... CUs wa no different. He blew by the lobos inside again and again.

The pressing double teaming type of defense UNM runs allows teams to get a lot of open shots if they move the ball quickly. CU was having difficulty with it in the first half, but once they adjusted to it they got a lot of easy points. 

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The pressing double teaming type of defense UNM runs allows teams to get a lot of open shots if they move the ball quickly. CU was having difficulty with it in the first half, but once they adjusted to it they got a lot of easy points. 

In the first half, it looked like CU didn't watch any tape on the lobos.  You need to just beat their press (not very hard to do), then set up your half court offense.  Teams get in trouble when they try to beat the press and score immediately off of it.