Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

Rumors of AAC Having GOR or Uneven Revenue Sharing

23 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I love it here...lot's of jobs (FedEx, AutoZone, International Paper, St Jude, Regional One, Medtronic, etc), solid Infrastructure, inexpensive housing costs, great public utilities, and amazing private schools. Memphis is a logistical super-hub...River, Air, Trucking, Rail...we have it all.

Crime, you forgot to mention crime because you sure do have a lot of that.

3 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

crime is an issue in Memphis and while we're at it...our public schools are mostly crap. That said, Memphis is a big city...there are nice safe areas with solid public schools.

38103 (downtown), which includes the South Bluffs, Harbor Town, South Main, and Beale Street is quite safe...38104 (midtown) is also safe and includes the Zoo, Overton Square, and Cooper-Young. You also have the East Memphis 38120/38119 area along with Germantown, Collierville, Bartlett, etc.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

I will say Memphis' new Mayor has made crime and infrastructure his priorities...

crime is dropping in Memphis:

https://wreg.com/2018/04/17/stats-show-crime-decreasing-in-memphis-in-2018/

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/38754817/violent-crime-numbers-drop-as-number-of-mpd-officers-rise-report-shows/

Memphis also brought back the PST (Police Service Tech) program so PSTs can take police reports, handle traffic accidents, and direct traffic for 13-14 an hour while Police officers making 55k a year can be free to handle the 'real' crimes.

image.ashx?domain=www.commercialappeal.c

Memphis just opened the new 3 level 40/240 split at 109 million dollars it's our largest infrastructure project ever.

after.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=678

Harahan Bridge was built across the Mississippi as a rail bridge in the early 1900s...tiny one way roads were added for cars:

11177.jpg

after the two newer bridges were built those roads were closed off and all but forgotten about. 25 Million was spent to modernize and reopen them to pedestrian traffic and it's become very popular

Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-3.08.27-PM.png  

and just today it was announced one of the hottest start-ups, Indigo Ag selected Memphis as it's world HQ bringing over 700 jobs to our fair city :-)

https://wreg.com/2018/12/12/indigo-ag-inc-to-establish-north-american-headquarters-in-memphis/

they will join AutoZone, Service Master (Terminix, Merry Maids, TruGreen), St Jude, Le Bonheur, and the Grizzlies as major private employers with HQs in downtown Memphis.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

22 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

And he left out really poor, underfunded public schools 

36 minutes ago, Billings said:

And he left out really poor, underfunded public schools 

23 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

crime is an issue in Memphis and while we're at it...our public schools are mostly crap. That said, Memphis is a big city...there are nice safe areas with solid public schools.

38103 (downtown), which includes the South Bluffs, Harbor Town, South Main, and Beale Street is quite safe...38104 (midtown) is also safe and includes the Zoo, Overton Square, and Cooper-Young. You also have the East Memphis 38120/38119 area along with Germantown, Collierville, Bartlett, etc.

because of that fact, Memphis has very good private schools....CBHS, MUS, Lausanne, ECS, PDS, Briarcrest, St George's, etc but lets not act like I didn't mention it...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

@UofMTigers you do a really good job promoting your city maybe you should go into tourism but sorry other than maybe Graceland I'm not touching Memphis with a ten foot pole. 

what's funny is Graceland is in a crap part of town...do the tour and get out by sundown.

Beale St is very safe...so are the Zoo, Overton Square, and Cooper-Young. (<- where Memphians go) Take in a Grizz game, tour the Civil Rights Museum, or go see the Bass Pro Pyramid.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

14 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

because of that fact, Memphis has very good private schools....CBHS, MUS, Lausanne, ECS, PDS, Briarcrest, St George's, etc but lets not act like I didn't mention it...

teach the wealthy and screw the rest

1 hour ago, Billings said:

teach the wealthy and screw the rest

define screwed? They simply attend sub par schools...moreover not all Shelby County Schools are crap. White Station High, Germantown High, Southwind High, Bolton High are solid schools. 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Lmao!

Let me guess. You're a Libertarian?

around my neck of the woods I'm a loony liberal moon-bat...in California I'd probably be considered a 'moderate conservative' lol it's all about perspective.

mem skyline sig.jpeg