Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

Rumors of AAC Having GOR or Uneven Revenue Sharing

Memphis has really nice areas and really crap areas...this map is crazy accurate

tumblr_n0soqqhX5s1s4df8ko1_1280.gif

I grew up in the 'speed traps and fancy stores' between the $$ signs lol...I now live just left of the 'more doughnut shops per capita...' text and speaking of, I live right across the street from Bartlett Doughnuts and it's off the hook good :-)

https://goo.gl/maps/2AemkuQ6uZQ2

mem skyline sig.jpeg

24 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Memphis has really nice areas and really crap areas...this map is crazy accurate

tumblr_n0soqqhX5s1s4df8ko1_1280.gif

I grew up in the 'speed traps and fancy stores' between the $$ signs lol...I now live just left of the 'more doughnut shops per capita...' text and speaking of, I live right across the street from Bartlett Doughnuts and it's off the hook good :-)

https://goo.gl/maps/2AemkuQ6uZQ2

Was actually thinking Memphis might be a good place to retire.   A person from the east part of Tennessee said “Hell no”

I love it here...lot's of jobs (FedEx, AutoZone, International Paper, St Jude, Regional One, Medtronic, etc), solid Infrastructure, inexpensive housing costs, great public utilities, and amazing private schools. Memphis is a logistical super-hub...River, Air, Trucking, Rail...we have it all.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

16 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I love it here...lot's of jobs (FedEx, AutoZone, International Paper, St Jude, Regional One, Medtronic, etc), solid Infrastructure, inexpensive housing costs, great public utilities, and amazing private schools. Memphis is a logistical super-hub...River, Air, Trucking, Rail...we have it all.

Same could be said about Caldwell Idaho but still would rather not 

2 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

The city created recurring funds for the zoo and some other city needs.

Sacramento's zoo is in a meltdown over not having as nice a facility.

The new Oakland Zoo California Trail is really nice too.   Memphis sounds Oakland in the 90s or Fresno in the aughts. 

fresnozoo.jpeg

Getting way OT, but supposedly Sacramento's zoo may move to the old King's arena site. It would be nice to see an expansion, but I love their location at Land Park.

24 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

How nice is Memphis's zoo?   Fresno has a really nice zoo now and eventually will have a high speed train stop.  No river in Fresno but you are close to Yosemite...

Colorado Springs is probably the worst town where a Mountain West school is located by a wide margin.

Memphis Zoo is fantastic...

47535-image_5a2832f2c6517.jpg

Obelisk.jpg

Northwest Passage

DSC_0045.JPG?itok=vu2Sl3wy

Cat Country

Cat_Country.JPG

MemphisZooCatCountry.jpg

FedEx's Once Upon a Farm

400px-Once_upon_a_farm.JPG

IMG_1385.jpg

Pandas!!!

courtyard.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj2fuDsZ5esXOzHP0qsxs

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

What Airlines have hubs there? 

13 hours ago, sactowndog said:

What Airlines have hubs there? 

FedEx/UPS/USPS

Memphis is a cargo hub, not a passenger transit hub.

Memphis was THE hub for Northwest Airlines until Delta got a hold of em...they have no interest in Memphis competing with their Atlanta hub.

mem skyline sig.jpeg