Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Republicans hitched their wagon to the orange nut job ... and they’ll likely go down in flames with him

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Wow, so on average, Republicans are at about the same place Dems were 24 years ago.

Just a little over half "accepting":hmmm:......still a ways to go.

What it shows is that in 10 years, the acceptance of homosexuality has increased 20 points on the right.  That is pretty far pretty fast.

4 hours ago, pokerider said:

The "nut job" who lowered my taxes, who is making better trade deals, who has the economy buzzing, who has significantly pumped up military funding (which is likely to high but has to much old technology too), who has significantly reduced regulations which help my industries like finance, banking and energy and all of which has significantly helped keep unemployment very low.  And who is also actively trying to stop illegal immigration as well as working to bring peace to Korea peninsula.  
As opposed to Obama who did absolutely virtually nothing for working taxpaying citizens and Bush who got us into 2 wars.  
Your hate for Trump has blinded you to the fact that things are much better the past 2 years than they were the previous 16 years or more!  And you damn well know its true! 

Jesus Christ.... you’ve gone full on orange zombietard. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What it shows is that in 10 years, the acceptance of homosexuality has increased 20 points on the right.  That is pretty far pretty fast.

Yeah, they're getting there but a just over 50% acceptance, they still have a ways to go.

I'm sure there's a large generational factor to consider. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

From what I’ve observed, most conservatives have simply dropped sexual orientation as a primary issue. Take for example my uber right winged dad, he’s not someone who I would describe as inclusive or even friendly toward homosexuals... but he isn’t going to make it an issue which would sway his vote. Not sure whether that’s acceptance, apathy, or what. :shrug:

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, they're getting there but a just over 50% acceptance, they still have a ways to go.

Related to my response to @halfmanhalfbronco, perhaps it is the generational factor as you mentioned. My dad is 78. 

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

That's more than interracial marriage as a whole in the '90s :shrug:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

16 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yes, there likely is.  My point still stands though and was even conceded by the poster I originally quoted.  Anti-homosexuality is not corner stone idea in today's voting GOP and is not a symptom of the current administration.  

The biggest threat right now to our republic and which was the point of the OP, is the lack of understanding of and consequently the lack of respect for, the constitution of the United States of America.  

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Jesus Christ.... you’ve gone full on orange zombietard. 

Hey - He got a $800 tax cut, his bosses in the banking & energy industry can go back to raping & pillaging people & the land, defense contractors are getting rich again on taxpayer handouts, there's less nukes in North Korea ( :shrug:) & trade is just peachy, especially once Mexico pays for that wall :foottap:

Quitcher bitchin' :cheer:

20 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

If he's 78, you gotta be in yer 50's old man :oldman: 

Early to mid 40s. I was born late ... kind of an “oops.” 

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

And here, passing yourself off as a millennial - SHAME :idiot:

I am an only child to older parents but if my dad had got an early start I would be right around the age of your father............My dad was born in 1914 & mom 1918 :oldman:

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

From what I’ve observed, most conservatives have simply dropped sexual orientation as a primary issue. Take for example my uber right winged dad, he’s not someone who I would describe as inclusive or even friendly toward homosexuals... but he isn’t going to make it an issue which would sway his vote. Not sure whether that’s acceptance, apathy, or what. :shrug:

My mom is super right wing and wants a Constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage. My dad is similarly right wing, but not to the extent as her, and he just doesn't care and wants people to be happy and have equal rights. They both turn 61 next month. 

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

I am an only child to older parents but if my dad had got an early start I would be right around the age of your father............My dad was born in 1914 & mom 1918 :oldman:

Old +++++s.

:P

37 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Uhhhmmm ... when did I ever claim to be a millennial?

41 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My dad's 73 and I'm 31 :D No generational strife there

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Uhhh ... when did I ever claim to be a millennial?

Every day you youth culture worshipping poser

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I don’t believe the majority of old white Republicans  are on board with homosexuality. 

What we do know is democrats promote racist policies and perpetuate racism as a campaign tool.

Which of course is why you focus on the color of a republicans skin.