Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Bears vs Rams

It was a hard game to look at. Goff was off. Ram D didn't look as sharp as it normally does. We had no business losing to "dah bears", but 11-2 is just fine.

1 hour ago, RampageSam said:

It was a hard game to look at. Goff was off. Ram D didn't look as sharp as it normally does. We had no business losing to "dah bears", but 11-2 is just fine.

Goff was off because of the Bears defense, and the Rams D wasnt sharp because the Bears have the ability to exploit their weakness - run defense.  The Rams arent used to trying to stop a team that had no need to get into a gunslinging contest.

As for Trubisky, that was his 1st really bad game all year, and coming off a 3 wk break for a injured throwing shoulder.  Comparisons to Cutler are premature as are comparisons to the 'run-run-pass-punt' Bears offenses of old.  7th in the league in scoring will do just fine.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I think the cold weather really bothered Goff.  It affected his grip of the football.  Also, Donald was constantly being tripled teamed.  When that happens, somebody on the D Line or the edge rushers have to step up, which they didn't.   But I would not count out that McVay's game plan was to limit the plays.  If I'm not mistaken, the Rams will probably see Chicago again in the playoffs, this time in LA.