Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OT: Things Keep Getting Worse in Moscow

Didn’t three BSU players get expelled a couple years ago for rape? Sadly, stupid stuff like this happens at just about every university at some point. 

10 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Didn’t three BSU players get expelled a couple years ago for rape? Sadly, stupid stuff like this happens at just about every university at some point. 

Not months after the AD was fired for a cover up.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

@VandalPride97 thoughts from the flagship? I promise no matter how much you hate rape, I hate it more. I also hate pedophiles. And racism. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

16 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not months after the AD was fired for a cover up.

I respect you, but I don't think you are reading that situation right.  Spear was ignorant a few years back about what the policy was for handling accusation because he thought off-campus stuff needed to go through the police as a jurisdictional matter.  Nevertheless, the player was immediately suspended, then basically told to get his shit and hit the road.  The issue with spear was that he didn't do enough to comfort the victim. It wasn't a cover-up, it was insensitivity combined with ignorance.

I don't know anything about this new Kyree Curington guy.  The name doesn't even ring a bell, but it looks like he was suspended and arrested within hours of the incident.  His time at Idaho is almost certainly over.  He essentially swapped his uniform for an orange jumper and soap on a rope.  

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

@VandalPride97 thoughts from the flagship? I promise no matter how much you hate rape, I hate it more. I also hate pedophiles. And racism. 

What makes you think I don't hate rape, pedophiles and racism?  I've been pretty clear about my disdain for all of those things.

12 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I respect you, but I don't think you are reading that situation right.  Spear was ignorant a few years back about what the policy was for handling accusation because he thought off-campus stuff needed to go through the police as a jurisdictional matter.  Nevertheless, the player was immediately suspended, then basically told to get his shit and hit the road.  The issue with spear was that he didn't do enough to comfort the victim. It wasn't a cover-up, it was insensitivity combined with ignorance.

I don't know anything about this new Kyree Curington guy.  The name doesn't even ring a bell, but it looks like he was suspended and arrested within hours of the incident.  His time at Idaho is almost certainly over.  He essentially swapped his uniform for an orange jumper and soap on a rope.  

Fair enough. To be honest, most of that went down while I was still in the UK and I didn’t follow it that closely. Also, this thread was intended to be more of a “when it rains, it pours” thing rather than rivalry smack. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

What makes you think I don't hate rape, pedophiles and racism?  I've been pretty clear about my disdain for all of those things.

A failed TIC attempt to be clever. It failed. Clearly. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

45 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

A failed TIC attempt to be clever. It failed. Clearly. 

It only failed because I literally cannot drink enough coffee to wake up this morning.  We can chalk it up to a good effort that was thwarted by recipient exhaustion.