Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Liberty U hires Hugh Freeze as new Football Coach

9 hours ago, crixus said:

Hugh Freeze was hired by Mike MacIntyre to be the OC at SJSU back in 2010. And if I remember correctly he quit before the season even started. 

If I recall correctly, he said he had to return home due to "family considerations".  It turns out those centered on his brother being sent to jail.  Perhaps certain traits tend to be family centered.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, BacksThePack said:

Great hire. Hope it works out for them. Being from Lynchburg, I'd love to see Liberty be successful, no matter their or my beliefs.

I agree with you. Liberty won 6 games in it's first season of FBS play. And had it not been for the rule that they're not bowl eligible in their first season at the level, they'd be bowling this year.

9 hours ago, SpartaRick said:

If I recall correctly, he said he had to return home due to "family considerations".  It turns out those centered on his brother being sent to jail.  Perhaps certain traits tend to be family centered.

I worked with a guy who has four sons and they've all been locked up for drug dealing, burglary and auto theft. :rolleyes:

On 12/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, fanhood said:

What does this even mean?

It means that often religious universities tout themselves as being holier than thou, full of great leaders and people. They do things the right way, etc.

Liberty hired Baylor's old AD, and Hugh Freeze...

2 hours ago, HylianHero said:

It means that often religious universities tout themselves as being holier than thou, full of great leaders and people. They do things the right way, etc.

Liberty hired Baylor's old AD, and Hugh Freeze...

That makes them "Fake religious?" What is a "real religious" school then?