Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Liberty U hires Hugh Freeze as new Football Coach

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

No.  I actually do have an interesting story if you’d care to hear it.  You can send me a DM if you are.

You bet, I’d love to hear it. Go ahead and DM my sock account: @AndroidAggie.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Artist formerly known as Hal said:

He wasn’t the only man that used backpage I’m guessing 80% of this boards numbers have 

How many board members recruit college athletes?

On 12/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, #1Stunner said:

Wikipedia says they have a current enrollment of 110,000.  (100,000 online, 15,000 on campus).

I guess they are raking in the money through online degrees.  Not sure if they care about their students actually graduating.

I know a few people who have received an online degree from Liberty. So I guess it's easy to see those numbers.

I believe in second chances but where I have issues with both these guys is they repeated violated rules and then did their best to cover them up, that shows no remorse or repentance. 

Also these men claim to be Christians so they are held to a higher standard. There is no wsy they should have been hired this quickly after their public scandals. What Christian recruit is going to want to go play for them?

2 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

The MAC resently booted out UMass.

they told them to join for all sports or leave...so they left.

I think they MAY be willing to rethink that now if they truly want to keep FBS football.

Buffalo, UMass, Liberty, Akron, and Kent have decent geography together.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I believe in second chances but where I have issues with both these guys is they repeated violated rules and then did their best to cover them up, that shows no remorse or repentance. 

Also these men claim to be Christians so they are held to a higher standard. There is no wsy they should have been hired this quickly after their public scandals. What Christian recruit is going to want to go play for them?

No, they are just folks with a certain belief.  No higher standard, unless someone is not a christian and admires the belief.  Just people, the standard is common.

You are correct that they disrespected their purported beliefs and then try to excuse previous behavior. 

They made a claim regarding their standards, then proved themselves liars at the expense of others.  I don't see it from a christian standpoint.  I do see it from a character standpoint.  From that perspective it is a major fail. 

You reap what you sow.  Liberty has put themselves on a fast track, and will do well with it, until they hit the wall in turn #3.  Not worth the sacrifice in standards, but they'll get that when the hookers get busted selling crack.  It never works out.

Hugh Freeze was hired by Mike MacIntyre to be the OC at SJSU back in 2010. And if I remember correctly he quit before the season even started.