Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV AT ILLINOIS

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That is rich.  You've proven yourself to be just as clueless about basketball as Ph.

Look at my preseason predictions. Get back to me about where I was wrong. Look at my conference predictions. Point out to me where I am wrong specifically and we will discuss after the season. Where are your conference predictions? Lets compare yours to mine after the season to see who knows what.

Other than that, your opinions mean less than nothing to me. As far as I can tell, most of you know very little about basketball and are fans of your program, but have very little historical or statistical relevant basketball information that backs up your opinions. 

There is very little actual basketball discussion that comes from most of you. Its just blah, blah, blah youre dumb. Blah, blah, blah, you suck cause I said so. Wah, wah, wah youre dumb because group think. 

Put your predictions and analysis up. Have a take and stop sucking.

21 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Its funny seeing some of you talk about our relevancy. Saying things like "whens the last time you were relevant" or acting like we're the Indians from Major League..."free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant". That would be Wyoming. I was 12 when we torched Duke, I'm 40 now, even guys that were 30 are still only in their 50's. It wasn't really that long ago, stop acting like we won 50 years ago.

"What have you guys done since Tark?"  What have any of your teams done..............EVER? How many basketball National Championship banners hang in your rafters? Final Fours? How many HBO specials do your teams have? How many top 50 greatest teams of all time lists are you guys on? Oh you have a Sweet 16 banner? That's cute, so do we post Tark. Yes we suck now due to a completely incompetent administration, but they're gone and we'll be back, even if we don't ever come back, we'll still have accomplished far more than any other team in this conference. Sorry rant over.

UNLV has a great history.  But you've been mediocre or worse post Tark and there is no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

It's kind of funny how insecure you guys are about the lack of respect you have had for the past 20 years or so.

Your NC is great. But USF has two of them and WYO has one as well.  They aren't relevant in today's world  either.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Look at my preseason predictions. Get back to me about where I was wrong. Look at my conference predictions. Point out to me where I am wrong specifically and we will discuss after the season. Where are your conference predictions? Lets compare yours to mine after the season to see who knows what.

Other than that, your opinions mean less than nothing to me. As far as I can tell, most of you know very little about basketball and are fans of your program, but have very little historical or statistical relevant basketball information that backs up your opinions. 

There is very little actual basketball discussion that comes from most of you. Its just blah, blah, blah youre dumb. Blah, blah, blah, you suck cause I said so. Wah, wah, wah youre dumb because group think. 

Put your predictions and analysis up. Have a take and stop sucking.

ahh, somebody needs a hug.

Barack Obama

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Menzies has been recruiting program players to establish a core.  I think in 2020 and beyond, he will start targeting five star guys like a Julian Strawther, Jaden Hardy, and Jonathan Kuminga who can come in and impact the game right away.

PH, I like to take you at your word because I believe you are basically a truthful person but I had to check at least one year against 24/7. 

Bryce Hamilton you list as 4 star but he is actually a 3 star

Joel Niambwe you list as 3 star but he has NO ranking

Trey Woodbury you list as 3 star and he actually is a 3 star

I am not going to bother checking all the ratings because I believe you are basically honest. 

6 hours ago, the former 1066 said:

PH, I like to take you at your word because I believe you are basically a truthful person but I had to check at least one year against 24/7. 

Bryce Hamilton you list as 4 star but he is actually a 3 star

Joel Niambwe you list as 3 star but he has NO ranking

Trey Woodbury you list as 3 star and he actually is a 3 star

I am not going to bother checking all the ratings because I believe you are basically honest. 

Bryce Hamilton is a four star on rivals.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/bryce-hamilton-182463

Menzies is getting talented players in their own right, but he’s also getting players that can lead to better players.  Jay Green’s brother is a top 15 player in 2019 but chose Arizona.  Amauri Hardy’s brother Jaden and Joel Ntambwe’s brother Jonathan Kuminga are top five players in 2021.

He learned from Kruger because he was a lazy recruiter and all the noteworthy recruits were gift wrapped to him.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Menzies is getting talented players in their own right, but he’s also getting players that can lead to better players.  Jay Green’s brother is a top 15 player in 2019 but chose Arizona.  Amauri Hardy’s brother Jaden and Joel Ntambwe’s brother Jonathan Kuminga are top five players in 2021.

He learned from Kruger because he was a lazy recruiter and all the noteworthy recruits were gift wrapped to him.

Interesting you bring up Kruger and complain of his lack of recruiting, which perfectly proves my point in my earlier post.

I'd rather have Kruger, his NCAA wins and one of the best teams in the MW and top 25 rankings, etc.

You'd rather have hotshot, highly ranked recruits and couldn't care less how the actual team performs with them.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

The thing about Kruger was he had 3 NCAA wins. Since the Sweet16 appearance Kruger was 1-4 in postseason play, with an NIT appearance where we got smoked by a Kentucky pre-Calipari and Gillespie led Kentucky to one of their worst seasons. I just remember Kentucky being a tire fire that season and the ESPN announcers wouldn’t stop talking about how bad Kentucky’s season was. 

Then we lose to Northern Iowa because of Farenkoush was draining threes all day. We followed that up with a blowout loss to Illinois where we are dubbed the walkin rebels. 

We clearly needed to do better in recruiting because we were obviously short on talent in games that matter. 

53 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

You'd rather have hotshot, highly ranked recruits and couldn't care less how the actual team performs with them.

Huh? 

Im pretty sure we all want a winner in Las Vegas, Vincent.

15 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

UNLV has a great history.  But you've been mediocre or worse post Tark and there is no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

It's kind of funny how insecure you guys are about the lack of respect you have had for the past 20 years or so.

Your NC is great. But USF has two of them and WYO has one as well.  They aren't relevant in today's world  either.

Wyoming won in 1943, San Fran in 1956, not the same, try again.

15 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don’t necessarily agree with this. You guys are living proof that it doesn’t take multiple years to turn a program into a winner with the right coaching hire and players. CBB is different that CFB which can take multiple years for players to develop and show results on the field.

43 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Honestly, why is UNLV's championship 27 years ago somehow more relevant than the others?

Hell, half the posters on this board were't alive or are were too young to actually remember the game.

14 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

I don’t necessarily agree with this. You guys are living proof that it doesn’t take multiple years to turn a program into a winner with the right coaching hire and players. CBB is different that CFB which can take multiple years for players to develop and show results on the field.

I agree and have said you guys are at least one coaching change away from being good.

But it sounds like Marvin isn't going anywhere until at least one  more year of the same ole shit, and then you have to hire the right coach.  But if you do that, you're back.

I've been watching Marvin since he took over from Reggie. IMO, he is not the guy to take you where you want to go.

I suppose if I were an optimistic Rebel fan I would hope that he could lay the foundation for the next guy . But that is about it.

Barack Obama

51 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

All too old to mean anything. Just like yours.  And SF has two. 

What's better, one old NC or two really old NC,s?

How many decades have to pass before a NC doesn't really matter anymore?

Is Georgetown's NC still relevant?  How about Arkansas?  BYU has a football natty.  Are they relevant too?

You haven't won a tourney game in 10 years.  And you were 17 years between sweet 16's.   What a powerhouse of a program you have going down there.

Barack Obama

As a Rebel fan I can still take pride in that NC. I was a rabid fan through all of the Tark years well as the dark years and have many great memories of the game and the way the town went wild after winning the NC. That said it really doesn't have any relevance in a conversation of the state of the program today or the direction of the program in the future. In fact it only adds to the frustration of how we could be in such a shit hole for so many years after those great Rebel teams. The reason is plain and simple and started with a UNLV President with a desire to destroy sports at UNLV. He did such a good job and has had the help of his predecessors throughout the years that we are still in this sorry state. Whether it has been entirely the Presidents or involved many of the Board of Regents through the years is debatable but it all lays at their feet.

I have no idea when or if things will ever change but being as the only things that get their attention is power and money maybe with the current state of the program losing money it can only help in our desire to change things. Really we are all helpless until the decision at the top is made to make the kind of changes that really matter. These small minded self centered individuals ARE the root of all that is wrong with our program. Simple as that.

I also think the UNR's recent success and notoriety can only help in our efforts. Maybe if the northern counterparts of our President and Regents shove success in the faces of these worthless southerners they will get tired of eating shit as well.