Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sputnik46

Nevada - Transfer U

According to Chris Murray, Nevada has lost its fourth scholarship football player to transfer. Knowledge Smith (freshman DB) joins McClane Mannix (WR), Nephi Sewell (S) and Trevion Armstrong (WR) on the transfer list.  It sounds like even more transfers are a possibility as well.

i think Norvell needs to go across the hall and visit with Coach Muss to get advice on how to bring in transfers vs losing them in a mass exodus.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What the hell is going on out in Reno, Pack fans?

Lots of grumblings... Hard to tell if there is anything systemically wrong. Nephi and Trevion were Polian recruits. Mannix has discussed his mothers medical issue publicly so his departure seems more clear. The  Smith kid was buried on the depth chart as a redshirt and probably wants to find a place where he can play - likely FCS. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Freshman transfering doesn't bother me. It's the sophomores and juniors who have been here 2 to 3 years that I get a bit concerned about especially if they are in the 2 deep.

Mannix said his mother is the reason why he needs to leave.  

Sowell said home sickness but we shall see.  Armstrong I have no idea yet. Knowledge is a freshman so I don't mind that one bit.

Just now, UofNPackFan said:

Sowell said home sickness but we shall see.  

I think this is the one most fans are watching closely. Sewell is likely to end up much further from home in Eugene. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

I never understand players who announce transferring prior to a Bowl game. It's not like they are transferring mid/late semester. They could get the Bowl game, swag, and still transfer in time to register and play spring ball for another team.

Guest #1Stunner
37 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I think this is the one most fans are watching closely. Sewell is likely to end up much further from home in Eugene. 

I know that BYU is pursuing him and his younger brother.

Apparently, Sewell's Mom works at BYU in some capacity.

3 hours ago, Sputnik46 said:

According to Chris Murray, Nevada has lost its fourth scholarship football player to transfer. Knowledge Smith (freshman DB) joins McClane Mannix (WR), Nephi Sewell (S) and Trevion Armstrong (WR) on the transfer list.  It sounds like even more transfers are a possibility as well.

i think Norvell needs to go across the hall and visit with Coach Muss to get advice on how to bring in transfers vs losing them in a mass exodus.

Armstrong made a spectacular TD catch vs the Rebs as a Fr.  With the wealth of WRs they moved him to TE this year & Nv TEs are there to block.  Doesn't fit his personality or talent so I'm not surprised to see him transfer.  If he lands in the right place he could be very good.

Hawaii was hit hard last year with transfers. Shit even our starting QB transferred which was a blessing in disguise. If a player doesn’t want to be there then he should leave, it’s better for the team he leaves. Don’t worry Nevada, now you know you have a team full of players  that wants to be there and giving 100% effort. That’s what happened to us last year, we just had a hand full of players that didn’t want to be here and it showed on the field.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.