Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Computer Guys!!!!

So, my computer crashes with this Blue screen:

Cocksucker-CPU-issue.jpg

What's the deal?

Should I burn my house down right now????

Resolutions??

BTW, if I'm somehow broadcasting all sorts of personal information, please feel free to steal my identity and empty my bank accounts..

We're not drug-dealers, we're fund-raisers!

New-Signature.jpg

54 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

So, my computer crashes with this Blue screen:

Cocksucker-CPU-issue.jpg

What's the deal?

Should I burn my house down right now????

Resolutions??

BTW, if I'm somehow broadcasting all sorts of personal information, please feel free to steal my identity and empty my bank accounts..

We're not drug-dealers, we're fund-raisers!

I'm no expert, however I think they call this the:  "Blue Screen of Death."

18 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I'm no expert, however I think they call this the:  "Blue Screen of Death." 

It's happened like 10,000 times...  It just re-boots normally.  Hopefully, one of these times my CPU just catches on fire while I'm using it, buring me alive as it never again boots........

....buut, at least this Blue Death screen isn't as deadly as the Red Ring of Death - for you old-timers...  At least I'm not kicked off Xbox Live:

New-Signature.jpg

Yep, the blue screen of death. Check your ram sticks. Take them out and then put then back in. If you still have the bsod after trying that, for example, if you have two ram slots, remove one stick and let it run on one. Test it. Sometimes it could be from a stick of ram that goes bad.

15 minutes ago, Sportzaddict said:

Yep, the blue screen of death. Check your ram sticks. Take them out and then put then back in. If you still have the bsod after trying that, for example, if you have two ram slots, remove one stick and let it run on one. Test it. Sometimes it could be from a stick of ram that goes bad. 

Yeah!!!!!!!  Good show!

I think this started happening when I installed new RAM...

I've got 4 slots, each running 8GB's...

You think I can just swap them around, wipe 'em off, then reinstall, and maybe it'll be fine?

I'd hate to go back to 16GB...

New-Signature.jpg

So, I unistalled the RAM, blew out the CPU and MB with a blow dryer, and re-installed the RAM.  I know how to provoke the blue screen with one of my programs, and yep, it happened again...

Maybe this RAM is shit?

Here's my setup:

System-Info.jpg

Should I maybe get some new RAM?  Any hot tips on some cheap, kick-ass RAM?

New-Signature.jpg

I might be about to fu/ck everything up...

I'm now getting this:

Error-2.jpg

The code number changed.....

I'm gonna quit screwing with it until one of you brilliant nerds advise me to do otherwise..

:yoda:

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Yeah!!!!!!!  Good show!

You think I can just swap them around, wipe 'em off, then reinstall, and maybe it'll be fine?

Try going back to your original ram set-up. Take the new ones out. If the bsod goes away, then you know it was because of one of those new ram sticks you bought. 4 slots, so from the top of my head, it would go ram 1, 3,  2, 4. Try that out.

Looking at your other screenshot, it looks like your motherboard is reading the whole 32gigs of ram though. The thing with the bsod, it could be anything, from a faulty ram stick, hd/ssd failure, bad drivers that was just installed, and etc. 

You could try a memory test also. Not sure which OS you're running, but you could follow directions on this link. Pretty simple. 

https://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm#new

Yeah, if it started with RAM, I'd agree.  You can try to re-seating your RAM if you want - take it out, use a pencil eraser (best use a wooden pencil or pink eraser) to clean the contacts and then re-install them.  Don't scrub it too hard - go easy on it.  It is a trick I used when I was a tech.  You can do this for any other installed peripheral that you have (i.e. graphics card).  Did you recently add anything else or update drivers, etc??  You can try what's in this article except for #6 at this point - too soon for wiping your settings (https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-system-service-exception-windows-10/) this is for Win 10 ... not sure if you are running that.  You can also Google the stop codes and one of them will tell you what could be wrong.  No need to install any 3rd party software for updating drivers or fixes yet either so if you get prompted, I'd skip that for now.  Also, see if there are any driver updates by going to your pc manufacturers support page.  Try re-seating the RAM first - or you can try reinstalling your old ram (temporarily) to see if it goes away.

The first message was from a USB device,  it this can happen because of the RAM as the interrupts for USB are in RAM.  This is classic memory collision behavior.  Long story short someone sold you some bad shit and now your computer is on an epic bad trip.  Try cuddling with it for a while and then take it to the methadone clinic for a cleansing.

8 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

The first message was from a USB device,  it this can happen because of the RAM as the interrupts for USB are in RAM.  This is classic memory collision behavior.  Long story short someone sold you some bad shit and now your computer is on an epic bad trip.  Try cuddling with it for a while and then take it to the methadone clinic for a cleansing. 

Animal sacrifice??

New-Signature.jpg

This is probably "Ransomware". See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransomware_%28malware%29

Typically, if any click is made in that window, you will have to pay someone to allow your machine to work for you again.
Best to immediately do a restart if something like this is displayed.

18 minutes ago, since1670 said:

This is probably "Ransomware". See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransomware_(malware)

Typically, if any click is made in that window, you will have to pay someone to allow your machine to work for you again.
Best to immediately do a restart if something like this is displayed.

That doesn’t look like ransom ware to me

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Ransomware would give you a message asking for money.  Download malwarebytes and run a scan.  It has a free version and will check for malware.

But if you want to pay a ransom ... I'm sure there will be takers .... :)

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Yeah!!!!!!!  Good show!

Sounds like you have 4 sticks of ram.

Remove 1 stick at a time, and then boot your computer until it does not give you this screen.   That will help you to eliminate the bad stick of ram (if that is indeed the problem).