Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

You Thought San Jose Football Was Bad

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

I don’t really think that’s an issue as most programs import their athletes from around the country. I would imagine that lots of college student bodies, and student athletes, rarely mirror each other % wise ethnically.

I wasn't talking as much about competitiveness for recruiting, but just fan support. 

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

I don’t really think that’s an issue as most programs import their athletes from around the country. I would imagine that lots of college student bodies, and student athletes, rarely mirror each other % wise ethnically.

I used to love the student bodies in Playboy's Girls of the SEC, the Big Ten and the like and so did all my buddies. Ethnicity was irrelevant.

If I might offer a suggestion to SJSU, following that formula during football games might stimulate attendance.

Boom goes the dynamite.

If you're a yellow fever kind of person SJS is heaven on earth.

Just personally the joy ruck crub isn't my thing, i need a woman who grew up culturally the same.as me. but damn if those girls didn't present a good case for themselves. When they first started moving to the town I went to HS in, they'd hit on you with a full course meal they prepared themselves. 

I dare posit that even you basement dwelling dweebs who cldnt get time if day from plain Janes where you live could out kick your coverage here. The OP even, maybe?! 

Yeah no need to get too carried away...

4 hours ago, Extra Mayo said:

If you're a yellow fever kind of person SJS is heaven on earth.

Just personally the joy ruck crub isn't my thing, i need a woman who grew up culturally the same.as me. but damn if those girls didn't present a good case for themselves. When they first started moving to the town I went to HS in, they'd hit on you with a full course meal they prepared themselves. 

I dare posit that even you basement dwelling dweebs who cldnt get time if day from plain Janes where you live could out kick your coverage here. The OP even, maybe?! 

Yeah no need to get too carried away...

Capture.PNG

We doubled our win totals last nigh! Boom! We're 2 and...you don't need to know the rest.

23 hours ago, bigd said:

SJSU students as of 2017 are:

Asian-41.4%

Hispanic-27.5%

White-17.7%

African American-3.2%

I don't mean to open a can of worms, but I honestly think that demographics are one of the big reasons that Pac-12 is falling behind athletically. Culturally, college sports tend to be favored by caucasians and african americans. As they both continue to become major minorities on California's campuses, college sports will continue to become less relevant.

Most students at places like Cal, UCLA, and Stanford (3 of the anchor schools of the conference) couldn't care less about sports.

Vato, clearly you've never been to a football game, college or NFL, in Califas, huh. Lots of raza at football games. I am a brown America and my numero uno sport is futbol Americano. Futbol (internacional [soccer, to us Americans]) is number three or four on my must-watch sports list.