Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

You Thought San Jose Football Was Bad

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Just noticed this.  Check this shit out. And who the fck is Indiana State?  

001306423.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Just noticed this.  Check this shit out. And who the fck is Indiana State?

image.png.d93dd07120c38abd55dc8d25cb514c45.png  

The Sycamores of course.  You know...Larry Bird's alma mater.

1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

Now imagine if they had such recruiting success in basketball...

Image result for mind blown gif

SJSU students as of 2017 are:

Asian-41.4%

Hispanic-27.5%

White-17.7%

African American-3.2%

I don't mean to open a can of worms, but I honestly think that demographics are one of the big reasons that Pac-12 is falling behind athletically. Culturally, college sports tend to be favored by caucasians and african americans. As they both continue to become major minorities on California's campuses, college sports will continue to become less relevant.

Most students at places like Cal, UCLA, and Stanford (3 of the anchor schools of the conference) couldn't care less about sports.

3 minutes ago, bigd said:

Asian-41.4%

Hispanic-27.5%

White-17.7%

African American-3.2%

I don't mean to open a can of worms, but I honestly think that demographics are one of the big reasons that Pac-12 is falling behind athletically. Culturally, college sports tend to be favored by caucasians and african americans. As they both continue to become major minorities on California's campuses, college sports will continue to become less relevant.

Most students at places like Cal, UCLA, and Stanford (3 of the anchor schools of the conference) couldn't care less about sports.

Nah.  Thats a generalization isnt accurate imho.  Success is more of an indicator of fandom, even among students.  I've been to games with these schools...it varies but mostly based on whether or not the team is winning or SJSU

Image result for cal bear fans gif

Image result for stanford student fans gif

Image result for ucla student fans gif

Not saying that any of these schools are Bama-like followings.  Just that major sports are relevant on these campuses, regardless of the demographics.  The student athletes are recruited across the country.  It has more to do with success, school pride, and living on campus.  SJSU has little of that

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

57 minutes ago, bigd said:

Asian-41.4%

Hispanic-27.5%

White-17.7%

African American-3.2%

@SJSUMFA2013 is Asian and loves football. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, bigd said:

Asian-41.4%

Hispanic-27.5%

White-17.7%

African American-3.2%

I don’t really think that’s an issue as most programs import their athletes from around the country. I would imagine that lots of college student bodies, and student athletes, rarely mirror each other % wise ethnically.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."