Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd

SDSU vs USD

Damn, I know USD is improved this year, but a loss like this would hurt.

San Diego up 65-59 with 2:19 remaining. Hopefully they can make the comeback.

5 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

This conference is total garbage in MBB this year. WCC is better than the MW.

Yeah looks like Gonzaga made the right choice. They get a better conference and better money and exposure. 

Hopefully we're able to change this in the future.

What appeared to possibly be our #2 and 3 teams (USU and SDSU) both lost to WCC teams tonight.

7 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

I hope so too. I am having a hard time watching this year. 

I don't think we're really that much worse than last season. Fresno, USU, and SDSU all look like top 100 teams. Hopefully one of them is able to rise above everyone else and become a borderline at-large team.

USU and SDSU looked bad losing tonight. The MWC  other than Nevada and maybe Fresno State pretty much sucks this year. SDSU is progressively getting worse from their teams four or five years ago. It seems most of the league is trending downward. Western basketball other than Gonzaga and Nevada is pretty much crap. 

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

ya just noticing Aztecs lost to their daddy SD again. 

Not a great performance, but again?  I suppose literally accurate as they have won more than one game in the series.  Odd choice of words to note a team getting its second victory in over a decade over another team.  

And yeah, I don't have high hopes for basketball. 

The WCC is much improved.  USF beat Cal in Berkeley last night and it wasn't that close.

Both BYU and St. Mary's are .500 teams in the out of conference portion of their schedule while Gonzaga, USF, USD, Loyola Marymount and Pacific have winning percentages above .700.

Personally I love good basketball, so if the Pac 12 is down but the WCC is up that is fine.  The trio of west coast men's basketball conferences all promise to be reasonably competitive this season.

We played uninspired. I wanted to say "too much hero ball," but the assist:FGA ratio was actually higher than it was against Illinois St (though both were far below the numbers in our three previous W's).

Having watched us play our Little Sister over the last four years, I've watched that squad get better each year. But f*ck that. There's no excuse for letting our Little Sister cvnt punt us out of our own gym. And just like the last time they beat us (2015, outdoors, in a f*cking baseball stadium) this time cost us an at-large bid as well.

Sorry, Nevada. The only way now we're playing in the One that Matters in March is by going through you in February. Fortunately, we're both used to that.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

59 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Ugggh. I still haven't read today's article. Three thoughts? I've been trying to avoid having one about that game...

rooting for little sister  or CSUN who rolls into town?  they got next.

The SDSU program is not anything like it used to be. Guys like Polee, Spencer, Shepard, Allen, etal that played suffocating defense have been replaced with guys that couldn’t carry those guys jocks. No one is afraid of the Aztecs anymore. They have been replaced by Nevada as the bully of the MWC.