Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist formerly known as Hal

Best thing you have witnessed at a football game

On 12/5/2018 at 6:09 PM, ViAggie said:

Way back in the early 00's I when I lived in Utah, I had season tickets and my seats were on the side-lines right in back of the opposing team.  We used to razz the other team pretty good and could usually get them upset with us.  The best was when I got a coach from some Louisiana school to start cussing me out.  I got a SJSU player to spit at me (missed of course), got a NMSU player to jump up into the stands and engage us (he was civil).  But the most disciplined team I ever saw was Fresno State back in 2006, our only win that year.  I could never get those guys to even look at me, coaches and all.  I congratulated them at the end of the game for not letting me get into their heads even though they lost.  Good times 

Back when the student section was behind the visitors, I was able to get Andy Avalos (as a player) to turn around and blow me kisses.  I then got the entire student section to chant fag-got, fag-got, (l know, not cool by today’s standards), then he turned around and flipped us off. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

So, with vodka being involved, there's every possibility that a little boy gave YOU a football after you flashed his mother?

Not to brag but I would have earned it. They are very symmetrical 

4 hours ago, Mano said:

Then there was the time a BYU fan thought they would attack a Utah cheerleader that was holding a Utah flag:

ZigzagWarlikeFrogmouth-size_restricted.g

Lol. BYU even gets their ass kicked by our cheerleaders.  BYU Fan got taken behind the woodshed. Best thing? Nobody stopped it for awhile.

9 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I don't know if it was the "best" thing I have seen, but I won't forget it. 

At the 2001 BYU vs Utah game, there was a push by the NCAA to prevent fans from rushing the field.   Prior to the game, BYU officials asked the Army ROTC to assist with crowd control and preventing fans from rushing onto the field at the end of the game.

Well, BYU beat Utah in a close one, and fans predictably started to rush the field.   The Army ROTC, who apparently believed they were under orders from the Commander in Chief himself, then moved into action and started taking fans down and beating them up.   I saw one Army ROTC cadet close-line a girl.   Another was on top of a fan beating him up.  It was a melee with about 10 fights going on simultaneously.  It was unbelievable.  Fans had to be rushed to the hospital.

https://universe.byu.edu/2001/11/19/police-defend-rotcs-use-of-force-at-football-game/

2001 was about the last time BYU beat Utah right? Great memory.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Back when the student section was behind the visitors, I was able to get Andy Avalos (as a player) to turn around and blow me kisses.  I then got the entire student section to chant fag-got, fag-got, (l know, not cool by today’s standards), then he turned around and flipped us off. 

WOW...so progressive of you.

You are such a poor pathetic individual.  Let me take a wild guess.  You voted for DJT ¿NO?

On 12/7/2018 at 11:49 AM, #1Stunner said:

I don't know if it was the "best" thing I have seen, but I won't forget it. 

At the 2001 BYU vs Utah game, there was a push by the NCAA to prevent fans from rushing the field.   Prior to the game, BYU officials asked the Army ROTC to assist with crowd control and preventing fans from rushing onto the field at the end of the game.

Well, BYU beat Utah in a close one, and fans predictably started to rush the field.   The Army ROTC, who apparently believed they were under orders from the Commander in Chief himself, then moved into action and started taking fans down and beating them up.   I saw one Army ROTC cadet close-line a girl.   Another was on top of a fan beating him up.  It was a melee with about 10 fights going on simultaneously.  It was unbelievable.  Fans had to be rushed to the hospital.

https://universe.byu.edu/2001/11/19/police-defend-rotcs-use-of-force-at-football-game/

I was not apprehended.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:44 PM, Mano said:

Then there was the time a BYU fan thought they would attack a Utah cheerleader that was holding a Utah flag:

ZigzagWarlikeFrogmouth-size_restricted.g

And then the Ute cheerleader ended up attending BYU.

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

image.png.ce0fe7e908c25174538a990d1a4020ef.png

Never gets old.

This is probably mine for the list. I didn't see the punch at the time, but we saw it on the video board. What I did see was Blount being dragged out of the stadium, getting into it with some fans, and just generally freaking out. That was a wild game.

And in Hout's defense, pretty much anyone would be laid out after getting blind-sided by a punch like that from Blount. I'm impressed he got right back up. Though I'm not sure he knew what happened for a while.

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

WOW...so progressive of you.

Your such a poor pathetic individual.  Let me take a wild guess.  You voted for DJT ¿NO?

Jesus Christ, need a midol and tampax for your sensitivity?

Back in 2006, BSU went to Rice Eccles Stadium to play Utah.  BSU left with a humiliated defeat of the Utes.  Most Utah fans that we passed were grumbling and whining about how poorly they played.  On the way out of the stadium, someone’s grandmother went out of her way to make sure everyone in our group heard her.  She said something like “At least we won the Fiesta Bowl.”  

13 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

This is probably mine for the list. I didn't see the punch at the time, but we saw it on the video board. What I did see was Blount being dragged out of the stadium, getting into it with some fans, and just generally freaking out. That was a wild game.

And in Hout's defense, pretty much anyone would be laid out after getting blind-sided by a punch like that from Blount. I'm impressed he got right back up. Though I'm not sure he knew what happened for a while.

It's not getting "blind-sided" if you're actively talking shit to an opposing player after a heated game.  Any remotely intelligent human would foresee the prospect of getting punched whilst talking shit to a guy like Blount. 

Didn't someone do a JFK-style breakdown of Blount's exit.  Some dude came down a couple rows to instigate or something.  It was actually a pretty interesting breakdown and I give props to the donk who put it together.