Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist formerly known as Hal

Best thing you have witnessed at a football game

3 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

Fantastic question.

I saw a streaker at a Wyoming game that was wearing nothing but an unbuttoned flannel. He made it to the 50-yard line and security caught up to him. He kicked his legs Lord of Dance style all the way out of the stadium and into a cop car. Hilarious!

Also saw a BYU fan walk in front of the west side stands wearing a tight T-shirt and a spiked dog collar that thought he was a baddest dude on the planet. He made the mistake of walking around to the east side of the stadium. Never saw him again! Extra hilarious!

3 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

I was at the game vs suds when Faulk was a senior and the guy streaked the field.  One of funniest things I've ever seen.

Next was when the Pokes played the sheep and they scored near the end of the game and there were some CSU students standing next to my 60 year old dad and I.  One of the CSU student yelled at my dad to go ahead and trot the +++++ing pony around the field after they had just taken the lead...  So the Pokes get the kick off and go right down the field and I think it was Javon Boughnight who scores the winning TD...my dad hunts the little mouthy bastards down and says to trot their stinky assed sheep around the field...kid takes offence and gets lippy.  I step up with about 10 other poke fans and my dad just smiles and asks the kid if he really wants his ass kicked or not... Kid tucks tail and walks off.  Funny as hell...

2 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

Forgot the game, but that was about the year. That streaker must have been a blast at parties!

I was also at an Air Force game in Laramie when out of nowhere all of the cadets in the stadium through their cheese out of their boxed lunches out onto the field. Took about ten minutes for people to go out and clean it up. Not the coolest thing ever, but at least there was some discussion and effort put into it.

That was my brother that tackled the streaker.  No shit... Is still a family story

Mid 90’s.

UNLV vs UNR (in Reno).

Reno fan has a homemade sign saying, “UNLV sucks and Horton swallows.” He stands right in front of the UNLV section taunting fans. A couple female Rebel athletes approach the Reno fan and ask him to go away. He gets belligerent. The girls shove him into the chain link fence and tear up his sign to the cheers of the UNLV section. 

2 hours ago, portlandog said:

Some years back they used to have skydivers land in bulldog stadium at the beginning of the games. They would try to touchdown right on the bulldog. One week the first four skydivers made their landing, a couple touching down on the bulldog a couple just missing, the fifth........... Missed the stadium. If memory serves me correctly that was the end of the skydivers.

Fresno State has a group of all female skydivers called the Bulldog Blitz that dive in during pregame. They've been doing it since 2014 I believe. My friend is one of the skydivers and her father was the one who used to skydive into the stadium during the time you remember. It's become a family tradition and his daughter runs it now. They have become a fan favorite and they walk around the stadium during the game to interact with fans and take pictures .

unnamed.thumb.jpg.cfda1eeb13a737bb89429876569b8e80.jpg

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Back in the day, the Nevada vs UNLV football game was a heated rivalry.  I can’t remember the year, but pregame the cheerleaders were jawing at each other. They eventually had to be separated when Nevada’s mascot Wolfie clocked one of the UNLV male cheerleaders.  Not sure if it was the same game, but a local Reno kid named Quincy Sanders (playing for the Rebels) threw his helmet at Chris Ault at the end of the game after Ault ran up the score.  Good times.

12 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

That was some funny shit.

I was also at a game a couple of years ago on a cold afternoon with a group of really old people in front of me passing around a couple of Hershey's syrup bottles pouring it into their drinks. Even before the game started, security came up and confiscated their syrup. It was apparently booze. They were causing no trouble, sweet as Hell, and still got their alcohol taken away from them before the game even started! Wyoming can be a lot of fun at times, but no matter how old you are that fun can get spoiled!

Amateurs!  You put the booze in the sun block bottle and drink it straight...and if security gets suspicious, you simply apply it to someone nearby and then proceed to lick yourself into oblivion! 

1988 Fog Bowl, family’s season tickets were in the south end zone back then.  You couldn’t see any of the players, then one moment you’d see a WR and DB appear from the fog chasing a ball that came out of nowhere. 

I believe it was 1991, NFC wildcard game - Bears vs Saints.  It snowed 12 inches before the game, in the southwest corner of the end zone there were a hundred or so saints fans all together.  The saints scored and the fans were waving a team flag.  All of a sudden I saw one snow ball fly through the air and hit the group, next thing you know there were thousands of snow balls being hurled at the saints fans.  They had to leave their seats and run for cover. 

When I was little, I saw a Beach Boys concert after a football game at the old Stanford stadium. Mike Love wore a hat that said "Beach Boys" on it. They played "Kokomo."

That was definitely the worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 hours ago, ViAggie said:

Way back in the early 00's I when I lived in Utah, I had season tickets and my seats were on the side-lines right in back of the opposing team.  We used to razz the other team pretty good and could usually get them upset with us.  The best was when I got a coach from some Louisiana school to start cussing me out.  I got a SJSU player to spit at me (missed of course), got a NMSU player to jump up into the stands and engage us (he was civil).  But the most disciplined team I ever saw was Fresno State back in 2006, our only win that year.  I could never get those guys to even look at me, coaches and all.  I congratulated them at the end of the game for not letting me get into their heads even though they lost.  Good times 

LOL. This post had me rolling because everybody is talking about chaos they passively observed. You on the other hand...

San Jose State game at Stanford, early 2000’s. Stanford handed out red placards that read “GO CARDINAL”. A very creative male SJSU student changed the message by tearing out the letters C,R,D, and I. I’ll let you figure that one out.

Champ Logo.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State game at Stanford, early 2000’s. Stanford handed out red placards that read “GO CARDINAL”. A very creative male SJSU student changed the message by tearing out the letters C,R,D, and I. I’ll let you figure that one out.

Must’ve been a welcomed reaction from those Gay Area fans. 

Where do I begin?

In '78, I was sitting in the west stands and watched CSEwe players attempt to take the field by coming down through the student section in the east stands. The ensuing riot was a sight to behold. Took three police agencies and stadium personnel to sort things out, round up all the missing Sheep helmets, and get things to where the game could be played. For the next twenty years, police assigned to the games wore riot helmets 

I was sitting with some UNLV student senators on the fifty right behind the Rebel bench when one of them, pretty inebriated, started berating the Rebel players who were getting their azzes handed to them. Pretty soon they couldn't take any more and started talking sh-t back to her. She threw her beer on a couple of the players and Jim Strong had to come over and restrain them. As she was being pulled from her seat and removed from the stadium, she pulled up her shirt and bra, flashing everyone in the front three rows. The whole incident was a story in the Rebel Yell.

This one happened outside Hughes Stadium, rather than in it. As my buddy and I were walking back to our car to reload at halftime, there was a rather attractive CSEwe standing in a dumpster with an odd look on her face. As we approached, she started yelling, "Don't look in here!" We walked past her and turned around and looked in to see her standing, bare-azzed with a guy's face buried in her crotch. :Clapping:

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 12/5/2018 at 6:09 PM, ViAggie said:

Way back in the early 00's I when I lived in Utah, I had season tickets and my seats were on the side-lines right in back of the opposing team.  We used to razz the other team pretty good and could usually get them upset with us.  The best was when I got a coach from some Louisiana school to start cussing me out.  I got a SJSU player to spit at me (missed of course), got a NMSU player to jump up into the stands and engage us (he was civil).  But the most disciplined team I ever saw was Fresno State back in 2006, our only win that year.  I could never get those guys to even look at me, coaches and all.  I congratulated them at the end of the game for not letting me get into their heads even though they lost.  Good times 

You sound like a complete jerk. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Last season there were these dudes smoking weed in the upper part of the Swamp's student section at the Tennessee game , and security became privy to it. Soon, the cops and security were headed up that way, and the perpetrators, there was like 2 of them, started leaping out of the top , row to row, in the middle of people even, to escape. They made it into one of the tunnels and disappeared into the crowd inside escaping the heat. 

And years ago at a College of the Redwoods game, there was a group of like 5 of us who were totally smashed at the game. There was maybe 100 people at the game, and we started berating the ref for the hell of it. Eventually I yelled out "Get off your knees ref, you're blowing the game." He walked over and told me to go +++++ myself. I always laughed about that. 

Same season up there, CCSF came up to play and they were #1 in the country. CR's old Community Stadium sat on the edge of the woods. Anyway, when the CCSF QB dropped back to pass for the first time, a deer ran out of the woods. The CCSF QB  had apparently never seen such a thing, and stopped to watch it on the track. In the midst of this, he got sacked simultaneously by about 3-4 people. Still though, CCSF won big that game. 

Watching various things being thrown at BYU fans and players over the years has amused me greatly.  From the infamous piss balloons, batteries, to the plastic refillable cup ban in the 80s.  Back when games were fun to go to and watch.  Now they are all just one giant Verizon commercial with a sporting event thrown in.    Man I miss being able to teach my kids how the proper trajectory and velocity needed to reach the floor with a thrown plastic cup.