Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist formerly known as Hal

Best thing you have witnessed at a football game

Fantastic question.

I saw a streaker at a Wyoming game that was wearing nothing but an unbuttoned flannel. He made it to the 50-yard line and security caught up to him. He kicked his legs Lord of Dance style all the way out of the stadium and into a cop car. Hilarious!

Also saw a BYU fan walk in front of the west side stands wearing a tight T-shirt and a spiked dog collar that thought he was a baddest dude on the planet. He made the mistake of walking around to the east side of the stadium. Never saw him again! Extra hilarious!

Many years ago the Vandal mascot guy was bullying the Bronco mascot who was a girl. At halftime the Boise State wrestling coach Mike Young  recognized what was happening and changed places with the girl in the Bronco suit. Well the next time the Vandal mascot started the same stuff and got his ass handed to him. 

Way back in the early 00's I when I lived in Utah, I had season tickets and my seats were on the side-lines right in back of the opposing team.  We used to razz the other team pretty good and could usually get them upset with us.  The best was when I got a coach from some Louisiana school to start cussing me out.  I got a SJSU player to spit at me (missed of course), got a NMSU player to jump up into the stands and engage us (he was civil).  But the most disciplined team I ever saw was Fresno State back in 2006, our only win that year.  I could never get those guys to even look at me, coaches and all.  I congratulated them at the end of the game for not letting me get into their heads even though they lost.  Good times 

University of Idaho: small mardi gras style tailgate, until it got shut down with extreme prejudice... 

----

Then, this other time at band camp, my buddy and I harrassed Buster Bronco until he was on the verge of tears - we were like 12 and still security couldn't apprehend us...  We were very sorry....

ed852b7c8b92e2bc95ff07722a1c060cd601feb8

New-Signature.jpg

46 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Fantastic question.

I saw a streaker at a Wyoming game that was wearing nothing but an unbuttoned flannel. He made it to the 50-yard line and security caught up to him. He kicked his legs Lord of Dance style all the way out of the stadium and into a cop car. Hilarious!

Also saw a BYU fan walk in front of the west side stands wearing a tight T-shirt and a spiked dog collar that thought he was a baddest dude on the planet. He made the mistake of walking around to the east side of the stadium. Never saw him again! Extra hilarious!

I was at the game vs suds when Faulk was a senior and the guy streaked the field.  One of funniest things I've ever seen.

Next was when the Pokes played the sheep and they scored near the end of the game and there were some CSU students standing next to my 60 year old dad and I.  One of the CSU student yelled at my dad to go ahead and trot the +++++ing pony around the field after they had just taken the lead...  So the Pokes get the kick off and go right down the field and I think it was Javon Boughnight who scores the winning TD...my dad hunts the little mouthy bastards down and says to trot their stinky assed sheep around the field...kid takes offence and gets lippy.  I step up with about 10 other poke fans and my dad just smiles and asks the kid if he really wants his ass kicked or not... Kid tucks tail and walks off.  Funny as hell...

12 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

I was at the game vs suds when Faulk was a senior and the guy streaked the field.  One of funniest things I've ever seen.

Next was when the Pokes played the sheep and they scored near the end of the game and there were some CSU students standing next to my 60 year old dad and I.  One of the CSU student yelled at my dad to go ahead and trot the +++++ing pony around the field after they had just taken the lead...  So the Pokes get the kick off and go right down the field and I think it was Javon Boughnight who scores the winning TD...my dad hunts the little mouthy bastards down and says to trot their stinky assed sheep around the field...kid takes offence and gets lippy.  I step up with about 10 other poke fans and my dad just smiles and asks the kid if he really wants his ass kicked or not... Kid tucks tail and walks off.  Funny as hell...

Forgot the game, but that was about the year. That streaker must have been a blast at parties!

I was also at an Air Force game in Laramie when out of nowhere all of the cadets in the stadium through their cheese out of their boxed lunches out onto the field. Took about ten minutes for people to go out and clean it up. Not the coolest thing ever, but at least there was some discussion and effort put into it.

3 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

That streaker was hammered drunk...  Funny as hell when he was kicking his legs up and dancing around.  First game I took my future wife to...  

That was some funny shit.

I was also at a game a couple of years ago on a cold afternoon with a group of really old people in front of me passing around a couple of Hershey's syrup bottles pouring it into their drinks. Even before the game started, security came up and confiscated their syrup. It was apparently booze. They were causing no trouble, sweet as Hell, and still got their alcohol taken away from them before the game even started! Wyoming can be a lot of fun at times, but no matter how old you are that fun can get spoiled!

November 4th, 2000: The return of San Jose State football player Neil Parry to Spartan Stadium, a mere three weeks after his leg was broken during a game against UTEP on October 14th, and amputated a few days later due to a massive infection. Parry's return sparked the 6-3 Spartans to defeat undefeated (9-0) TCU 27-25, who were ranked #9 in the nation at the time. As the game neared the end, the victorious Spartans, including Neil's brother Josh, were pointing up to the box where Neil was watching the game. It was more than just a great upset victory over a Top 10 opponent; it was one heck of an emotional experience.

Champ Logo.jpg

When I was a kid and the raiders were in LA, my dad took me and brother to several games at the coliseum because tickets were cheap. Once, I saw a kid, could not have been older than 7, wearing a t-shirt that said “f*ck the Broncos.”

They were not playing the broncos.

Some years back they used to have skydivers land in bulldog stadium at the beginning of the games. They would try to touchdown right on the bulldog. One week the first four skydivers made their landing, a couple touching down on the bulldog a couple just missing, the fifth........... Missed the stadium. If memory serves me correctly that was the end of the skydivers.

Certainly no longer "PC", a long tradition at Colorado games, I'm sure at other places around the country also, was to "pass" pretty co-eds up the stands. As a young lady would walk along the bottom aisle, the chant would would start quietly: pass her up, pass her uppass her upPASS HER UP! Poor thing never knew what was coming, or maybe she did. Anyway, up she would go above everyone's heads. Hopefully she didn't get dropped, or groped too much on her way up to the center concourse. I'm sure this wasn't just a Colorado thing, many here at Mugs place have probably witnessed the same.

So, 1979, Governor Richard Lamm in attendance, just doing his politicking thing. He's gonna walk along the front aisle waving and shaking hands at halftime. Big mistake Dick, or maybe very shrewd, he was pretty popular. Anyway, a light two man security detail is no match for a dozen drunk frat boys and up the Governor went. He was considerably larger than the usual umm parcel. Only made it about halfway before he disappeared. He came up waving, no worse for wear, easily won reelection. 

1 hour ago, portlandog said:

Some years back they used to have skydivers land in bulldog stadium at the beginning of the games. They would try to touchdown right on the bulldog. One week the first four skydivers made their landing, a couple touching down on the bulldog a couple just missing, the fifth........... Missed the stadium. If memory serves me correctly that was the end of the skydivers.

Goddamn! That reminds me of another game in Laramie. Skydiver landed in the middle of the band on the field in the 80s before a game. Took out a couple of flute players! Don't mess with that Wyoming wind. Skydiving doesn't happen too much these days!

Lol, that was my older brother that tackled the streaker.  The team actually asked my brother to walk-on to the team as a linebacker.  He now is a sheriff deputy.  Small world...