Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#6 Nevada vs #20 ASU (Staples Center)

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

We couldn't buy a 3 and still beat a ranked team on a neutral floor.

Maybe our top 10 ranking really is legit.

We were 3-18 (16.7%) from 3 & still pulled it out?  Thought we were overrated but they're making a believer out of me.

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We couldn't buy a 3 and still beat a ranked team on a neutral floor.

Maybe our top 10 ranking really is legit.

Yeah I kept waiting for Caleb to starting hitting them but it never happened. But he came up big nonetheless 

8k3esKz.png

7 hours ago, toonkee said:

Listen up Reno.

2 things.

1. Quit belly aching about your ranking.  It means nothing.  You have to win in March.  That is all that counts.

2. Hang in there.  It looks like ASU could have punched themselves out a bit. 

7 hours ago, UofNPackFan said:

Crazy to think that if this ended up being our only loss, we may look at being a 3 or 4 seed in the tourney.  

Seriously, pack fans,  @toonkee is right, just enjoy the ride, you don't know when you're going to be here again. Have a great time this season, plan on losing a few here and there, and it might not be so hard on you when you do lose one. Your team is really good, if they're good ENOUGH, it won't really matter if they have a 1 seed or a 4 seed.

7 hours ago, NVGiant said:

As a Vegas kid who grew up in the 80s and 90s, may I say +++++  Bobby Hurley.

He hasn't changed a bit. Still the biggest whiner ever.

6 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

No, you're just being a know it all hall monitor

He was just trying to have some fun with you.

5 hours ago, LoboSage said:

Real disconcerting for sure.

Not sure what to say...except, ' in Weir I trust'.

Ok, who were you over on the ESPN board, lol.

He's not just trying to have fun. He's always talking crap when it's not necessary and he's always trying to tell people how great he is and how to behave. 

No one tells me how to act with my team. If I'm going to go into a meltdown, let me. It's my team and I'm a fanatic. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I have that right. As fans of any team,  we have a right to be excited, confident, cautious, or scared s***less if we want to.

33 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

He's not just trying to have fun. He's always talking crap when it's not necessary and he's always trying to tell people how great he is and how to behave. 

No one tells me how to act with my team. If I'm going to go into a meltdown, let me. It's my team and I'm a fanatic. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I have that right. As fans of any team,  we have a right to be excited, confident, cautious, or scared s***less if we want to.

I don’t get the “act like you’ve been there before” crowd. I mean, is acting like you’ve been there hyperventilating after every loss and whining even during those rare occasions when you’re actually winning at a high level that you’re not winning enough or winning with the right style?

Is acting like you’ve been there the same as being stuck in a bygone era more than a quarter century ago?

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

As Bilas said if Brown gets his feet under him and becomes a factor inside Nevada is going to be very tough to beat in the Dance. I’m not sure there is another team on their schedule that can beat them, even if they play an average game. Hell they had a terrible first half and still beat the 20th ranked team. 

Without Brown that’s a 20 point lead at least for ASU in the first half. The minutes he played in the first were by far his best defensive minutes this year, and obviously against the best team. He only played 9 minutes but all in the first half I believe, two massive blocks and some great rebounds.

10 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

Without Brown that’s a 20 point lead at least for ASU in the first half. The minutes he played in the first were by far his best defensive minutes this year, and obviously against the best team. He only played 9 minutes but all in the first half I believe, two massive blocks and some great rebounds.

Yeah I was pretty impressed with his defense even in short minutes.

8k3esKz.png

10 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

Brown was crucial. I’m really hoping that beginning tomorrow he finds more consistent minutes. Dude is really talented.

16 minutes ago, broncos345 said:

Didnt Bilas say if i was ASU i would attack brown on offense lol.Brown stuffed them.Porter had a huge block last night too

Porter’s block was game-changing. Dude hits a bucket, and then while the ball was live starts complaining to the refs. (At that point I’m screaming at the TV to get back.) And out of nowhere he flies in and snatches the shot in midair, gets the ball to Caleb, who gets the and 1. Awesome.

21 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Porter’s block was game-changing. Dude hits a bucket, and then while the ball was live starts complaining to the refs. (At that point I’m screaming at the TV to get back.) And out of nowhere he flies in and snatches the shot in midair, gets the ball to Caleb, who gets the and 1. Awesome.

So I’m not to familiar with Diabeties. But it had something to do with his pump connected to his stomach... which is why he was showing the ref. Ref didn’t care so he sprinted back and made that incredible block. After that play tho, he didn’t return to the game. I’m wondering if his pump broke. 

Adam Morrison of Gonzaga fame had the same issue. They had to monitor his sugar level throughout a game. He seemed to deal with it pretty well. Porters situation may be more severe and require more rest throughout a game? Anyone ever deal with this condition that can enlighten us?