Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#6 Nevada vs #20 ASU (Staples Center)

12 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is probably the biggest game of the regular season. Beating a ranked team is just what Muss and the team need to stay in the top #3 to #8 and hopefully a #1 seed in the tourney. 

The LV Sports book line is Nevada minus 7.5. I hope they are right, seems like a lot of points against a top 20 team, I'm just hoping for a win. :cheers:

33 minutes ago, westfan said:

The LV Sports book line is Nevada minus 7.5. I hope they are right, seems like a lot of points against a top 20 team, I'm just hoping for a win. :cheers:

The predictive metrics see Arizona State as a Top 40ish team instead of a Top 20 one. The oddsmakers might have ASU ranked similarly to that. 

I watched the USU vs ASU game in person (87-82 win for ASU) at T-Mobile Arena. The main goal for the Pack has to be to stop Dort. The guy is an NBA player already and is a handful to deal with all over the court. He's quick, he's strong with the ball, and he can hang and draw contact at will. It's almost as if he dares the refs not to blow the whistle with how violent he drives to the hoop. Sometimes the best defense against him was for the defender to look like they were going to body him up and then do a little matador action and watch him go out of control and miss the shot because he was expecting contact. You can expect to see Remy Martin play PG pretty erratic and sometimes chippy but he makes things go for them when he's out there. They don't have a lot of great shooters but Cherry and Lawrence can get hot from 3PT. We all know about Zylan Cheatham in the MWC of course but he didn't have much impact on our game. He seemed like he was more of a glue guy that was used to get rebounds and facilitate ball movement on the offensive end.

I think the line seems about right for Nevada. They will have to play well, but not perfect, to beat the SunDevils.

EDIT: Oh, and be ready to want to punch Bobby Hurley in the face all over again. The dude is non-stop whining and sideline antics.

15 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is probably the biggest game of the regular season. Beating a ranked team is just what Muss and the team need to stay in the top #3 to #8 and hopefully a #1 seed in the tourney. 

You’re not getting a 1 seed.

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You lose one game and you have no chance.

If we finish the season 29-1 or whatever the record would be we would get a 1 seed. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

30 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If we finish the season 29-1 or whatever the record would be we would get a 1 seed. 

No doubt because that also includes the MWC tourney which can be a bit squirrelly. 

I still can’t believe this. If on the day Carter was fired, God told us that in 3.5 years we’d have a team that started the season as high as #5 with a shot at a 1 seed and a reasonable shot at a Final 4 and a real actual chance at the title game and get lucky and win it all???????

WE WOULD BE:

1. Shitting our pants in disbelief 

2. Praising Jesus that Groth was gone. 

kat.jpg

42 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

No doubt because that also includes the MWC tourney which can be a bit squirrelly. 

I still can’t believe this. If on the day Carter was fired, God told us that in 3.5 years we’d have a team that started the season as high as #5 with a shot at a 1 seed and a reasonable shot at a Final 4 and a real actual chance at the title game and get lucky and win it all???????

WE WOULD BE:

1. Shitting our pants in disbelief 

2. Praising Jesus that Groth was gone. 

No kidding. Groth was a cyst in our Athletics pancreas. All praise be to Knuth