Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Tedford Finalist for National COY Award

42 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Won't get it cuz not undefeated but nice to be nominated a 2nd year running

He has a strong case, but I'm guessing he'll finish Top-3.

How much do y'all pay him annually?

11 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

He's making north of $3m per year with incentives. 

Good to hear.  

Then CSU isn't paying Coach Hobo the most league at $1.8mm.  

I don't know why, but that makes me feel better.

14 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

You know Nick Satan is going to get it.

Nah, I'd bet on the UCF guy. Especially with his star QB going down and still winning the AAC.

Who won last year? If it wasn't, it should have been Tedford.

Does anyone wanna fess up and admit that they were wrong when saying that Tedford was a bad hire for Fresno?

That way TTT doesn't have to go back and look it up.

13 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Bobo and Harsin make more base salary than Tedford, but his bonus structure is ridiculous. If you saw it, you probably wonder if our AD was drunk when it did it.

Wellllll............ I mean.......

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

Does anyone wanna fess up and admit that they were wrong when saying that Tedford was a bad hire for Fresno?

That way TTT doesn't have to go back and look it up.

I'll admit to having no real opinion one way or another.  I definately did not expect this level of turnaround so quicky if at all.  Good on ya coach Tedford!

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

That just blows me away. Impressive job by your AD.

There are a number of other systemic issues that need addressing in the program, and the DeRuyter era seems to have wiped out a lot of support, but I think Tedford's salary is a good strategic investment. Hopefully the fundraising infrastructure will grow around him.  

It looks like my math was a bit off. He's at 2.63 million with  $250k likely to come in if the 'dogs beat ASU, and $50k if he wins the Coach of the Year, which I doubt he will. That would put him at $2.93 million.  

Here is a post I stole from retro with some light edits:

$1,580,000 base salary 
+  $400,000 for 11 wins 
+ $100,000 (Bowl Appearance, goes to $200,000 with a win) 
+ $250,000 with a win in the MWCG 
+ $300,000 (Paid attendance over 152k --- assuming we hit that last week or this week) 
= $2,630,000

He could very well get that up to $2.73M with 11 wins, winning the conference, and winning the bowl game. None of that includes the bonuses for APR, GPA, or Graduation rate.

Some bonuses that are still potentially on the table...

$300,000 (participating in NY6 Bowl. This happens if we win the MWCG and UCF loses the AACCG) 
$150,000 (Top 25 finish in the final CFP poll --- comes out next Sunday) 
$50,000 (Conference coach of the year)

When all is said and done, he could very well end the season around $3M in total monetary compensation. He's also extended his contract through 2023 now with winning at least 7 games the last two years, and will extend it another year if we win at least 8 games. Overall, given the earning potential and the allure of completely changing this program around over the long haul from where it was, I don't see him leaving.

2 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

There are a number of other systemic issues that need addressing in the program, and the DeRuyter era seems to have wiped out a lot of support, but I think Tedford's salary is a good strategic investment. 

and that's the kicker...FS has one of the best  coaches in the biz and is paying him enough that he's unlikely to leave.  Any job that can raise it enough to get him out of here is also either way too far from his stomping grounds or way too high-pressure for someone who's had stress-related health problems to consider.   

Given that we might send more fans to the Vegas bowl than we did to UCLA i'd say the recovery is finally kicking in...36k for the SDSU game in the cold in that atrocious air bowled me over.