Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Boise St basketball is doo doo.

So what’s new?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

21 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

WTF am I supposed to do all winter.. We lose to Fresno in the title game in football, Nevada used all that Boise fan visiting money to get their program back to the WAC days.. And here we are losing to Drake and Grand Canyon. 

Bruh, you could be worse. You could be UNLV SJSU. 

18 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

WTF am I supposed to do all winter.. We lose to Fresno in the title game in football, Nevada used all that Boise fan visiting money to get their program back to the WAC days.. And here we are losing to Drake and Grand Canyon. 

Has there ever been a season where you didn't post that the BB team is crap? We got it. Every year you think they're shite. At this point we'll all assume that's what you think. You don't need to say it anymore. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Has there ever been a season where you didn't post that the BB team is crap? We got it. Every year you think they're shite. At this point we'll all assume that's what you think. You don't need to say it anymore. 

I love Boise basketball.. I’d rather see a basketball conference title over a football. But this one’s a stinker. More bad losses this year than the last 3 combined.

54 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I love Boise basketball.. I’d rather see a basketball conference title over a football. But this one’s a stinker. More bad losses this year than the last 3 combined.

Hobbs has been injured the whole year and they needed him. Defensively they have been poor. They have lost a lot of close games, but they have some good players. I'm not sure they won't put it together by conference season. Unfortunately, they have more likely loses leading up to the conference slate. They are redshirting five players, including a SR. If they show decent in conference they'll be set to make a run next year. 

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

He's right this time, though.

6 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Not to worry. The MWC has four good teams this year, six teams that are kaka, and one team that redefines kaka.  Boise will win roughly as many as they lose during the MWC portion of the schedule.

25 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Not to worry. The MWC has four good teams this year, six teams that are kaka, and one team that redefines kaka.  Boise will win roughly as many as they lose during the MWC portion of the schedule.

I don’t think UNLV is 💩just yet. A shart maybe, but conference play will tell us if we are actually kaka.

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah in the long run it is probably better to have an elite basketball program than football program. I mean who even knows what football will look like in 20 years. If football does diminish I am getting basketball will get even more eyeballs/money. 

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Any USU fan could have told you that it was a mistake in hiring Tim Duryea to be an assistant coach.  And like overnight all of his bad juju left USU and was transferred to Boise St.  The results are stark on both sides.  We lose our best player from last year and are still light years of where we were.   The Duryea effect is kinda like that Venom dude infecting the body of an unsuspecting host.  He takes over and nothing thereafter is controlable.  It’s out of your hands now until he is excisded and infects another program.

You guys just didn’t know what you were in for.

2 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

He's right this time, though.

Yep. Weak recruiting is really starting to catch up and we still have little athleticism. Add in lazy defense and piss poor free throw shooting and you get the steamy turd we all now see.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

1 hour ago, utaggies said:

Any USU fan could have told you that it was a mistake in hiring Tim Duryea to be an assistant coach.  And like overnight all of his bad juju left USU and was transferred to Boise St.  The results are stark on both sides.  We lose our best player from last year and are still light years of where we were.   The Duryea effect is kinda like that Venom dude infecting the body of an unsuspecting host.  He takes over and nothing thereafter is controlable.  It’s out of your hands now until he is excisded and infects another program.

You guys just didn’t know what you were in for.

Here's what doesn't jive with your argument: Duryea was an assistant under Stew during some of Stew's best year. I think he's a good assistant. There's more going on at Boise than just him, IMO. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Bsu does not yet have a player on the team that has stepped up to be this teams leader. RJ has been the best player so far but he is new to the team.  They need a leader that can get in another players face and get them motivated, excited, fired up. Team still looks like it is just going through the motions. Last year's season was saved by two grad transfers Lexus and sengfelder.  Without those two just having hutch would not have done it.  Could have used a few good senior transfers this year but would have only provided a one season benefit.  Do have to agree our recruiting has been far from stellar with the exception of Bereal. 

I Believe the Broncos can still finish in the tip half of the MWC...or at least in the top 2/3's.  Rebuilding year, we will be better next season.  But win or lose, I will be at the games cheering for my team.

broncomwc.png

10 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Bruh, you could be worse. You could be UNLV SJSU. 

Or CSU.  Be glad you don't have the highest paid f'ball coach going 9-3 -&- a rebuilding hoops pgm.

@IanforHeisman it could be MUCH WORSE.  ¿Do you realize we pd Coach Hobo $900k-per/conf victory this-yr in f'ball?

28 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Bsu does not yet have a player on the team that has stepped up to be this teams leader. RJ has been the best player so far but he is new to the team.  They need a leader that can get in another players face and get them motivated, excited, fired up. Team still looks like it is just going through the motions. Last year's season was saved by two grad transfers Lexus and sengfelder.  Without those two just having hutch would not have done it.  Could have used a few good senior transfers this year but would have only provided a one season benefit.  Do have to agree our recruiting has been far from stellar with the exception of Bereal. 

Have heard that Bereal is the best player on the team - but redshirting because of an injury. 

We really need a good guard that can drive and dish the ball (aka Hobbs). I think that is what the team is missing right now.  Dickinson can't score at all and the JC transfer Dembley just shoots 3s and 3s and more 3s.  And he's not a great shooter.

When Hobbs comes back, I think this team should be top half of the conference if they can play defense.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Alston - he's going to be a good player. 

Jessup and RJ have been the only consistently good players. Haney ok too.

And its not like we've been getting blown out every game. Just a lot of failures to finish.

Losses were by 2, 12, 3, 9, 2.

Next year this team is going to be really good (only lose Haney and Wacker).