Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

New Bowl Tie-ins?

33 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Wait until the new Vegas stadium pushes us out of the Vegas Bowl.

I really hope Thompson has a plan. Our bowl tie-ins are bad enough as it is.

If he can replace it with the Holiday, Sun, or Redbox Bowl it would be okay. 

I guess the Cactus Bowl would work too. 

I just hope we don't get stuck without any of those against some bad team for our champ. Our champion is almost always ranked, you'd think some bowl somewhere would want us. Even if we have to go east. More games against the Big12/Big10/ACC would be great.

1 hour ago, bigd said:

I really hope Thompson has a plan. Our bowl tie-ins are bad enough as it is.

If he can replace it with the Holiday, Sun, or Redbox Bowl it would be okay. 

I guess the Cactus Bowl would work too. 

I just hope we don't get stuck without any of those against some bad team for our champ. Our champion is almost always ranked, you'd think some bowl somewhere would want us. Even if we have to go east. More games against the Big12/Big10/ACC would be great.

Holiday should be open. They are unwilling to pay large payouts, and they will be moving into the Aztec's 35k seat stadium in 2022. Best part is, they will be paying rent to SDSU!

The inaugural La-Z-Boy Couch Bowl kicks off this off-season. It was created to relive the most exciting 3rd quarter of college football ever! Where one team scored 30 unanswered points in less than eight minutes to take the lead, yet still lost!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W5agjuOGT0

On 12/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, bigd said:

I really hope Thompson has a plan.

In college, I used to run at least a couple miles after classes were over. One day a couple buddies and I hit a bar after class where I downed half a dozen shots. When I got home I was adamant about still getting my run in and hoped I wouldn't puke with all that alcohol in me. Guess what? That was futile too.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, BacksThePack said:

Wait until the new Vegas stadium pushes us out of the Vegas Bowl.

Thanks Southern NV...thanks Craig. 

Can somebody remind me what the rebs bring to this conf other than golf & tennis???

On 12/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, Nevada Convert said:

The MWC could sure use a new Bowl in So. Cal or LA. Great for recruiting.

LA Memorial Coliseum

Banc of California Stadium

Stub Hub Cntr

Angels Stadium

...all are available.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

And none make sense.

Stub Hub is good enough for your Chargers...why not home to the MWC Champs & a 12-Pack team?  Same for Banc o' Calif Stadium?

9 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Stub Hub is good enough for your Chargers...why not home to the MWC Champs & a 12-Pack team?  Same for Banc o' Calif Stadium?

The aren't my Chargers, I'm a 49ers fan. And no residents of the L.A. area are going to go to a MWC title game. Same for Anaheim since it's in north Orange County and USC pretty much owns that area too.

Since you're going to make me get serious, I think the MWC should alternate having its champion play one year in LV and the next in SD once SDSU's new stadium is completed. In both cases the weather is always relatively good in December and there are many other things to do besides just attending a football game and not holding them at the same place every year would be an inducement to fans of other conference schools to attend more frequently.

Boom goes the dynamite.

34 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Why would the P12 want a game in a 25-28K seat stadium?  That's a step down from Sam Boyd.

And Stub Hub was a 'well, we gotta play somewhere' choice for the Chargers.  Neither they nor the NFL are particularly happy about it, but they couldnt cut a deal with the Rose Bowl, and the Rams have the Coliseum until the new digs are built.  And playing in a baseball stadium isnt much better than StubHub or BofC. 

You can be fairly sure somebody's interested (like Stan Kroenke) in getting a bowl game in the new LA stadium, and that the P12 would probably be interested in that...the question would be would such an arrangement have any interest in the MWC.  Perhaps as a replacement for the LV Bowl.  Could also see a new LA Bowl being P12/B12, replacing the Holiday, which would make the Holiday Bowl a possibility for the MWC (with the opponent being the sticking point).

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.