Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist formerly known as Hal

If you were Mtn West Commissioner

I would fix the MWC's football postseason problem.  The 4 bowls that the MWC will have tie-ins in 2020 is a joke.  I would create a novel concept that may be a colossal success or may be a complete failure but I would try something other than staying with the status quo and waiting to die.

I would create a novel concept of a 2 for 1 bowl package in Vegas on the same day and perhaps at Sam Boyd Stadium(i.e. the MWC has 2 bowl tie-ins in Vegas with every person that buys a ticket gaining access to both games similar to the NCAA basketball tournament). This would create a unique all day football event and would be a positive for the MWC because likely the fans from the MWC schools that stick around and watch both games will be rooting for the MWC teams. Vegas travel is pleasant, simple and relatively cheap for just about the entire United States. This also solves the issue of being at least 2 bowl games short moving forward.

My fix would address the following issues:

Issue: Bowl games are often in front of empty stadiums.
Solution: 4 teams, 2 games and 1 ticket likely to lead to a packed house

Issue: The MWC will be short at least 2 post season opportunities after 2019
Solution: Create 'new' games in a desirable location such as Las Vegas

Issue: Bowl games sometimes are not well attended due to location and travel difficulties
Solution: Schedule the games in Vegas on a day that people may be able to travel (i.e. the saturday after Christmas)

Issue: ESPN dictates where teams play during bowl season.
Solution: To hell with ESPN. Reach agreement with any other myriad of entities that would love to show college football in December. As part of the agreement, have specific requirements as to how the teams playing will be selected. Could be as simple as the MWC championship game winner and loser qualifies for the 2 bowl games in Vegas.

First thing I'd do is have somebody make my hair look really great.

Second thing I'd do is find a new conference home for Sparty.

Third thing I'd do is get future bowl game sponsors lined up for Las Vegas and San Diego.

Last thing I'd do is find football officiating crews who aren't afraid to call penalties on Air Force for fear of incurring the wrath of Howdy Doody.

Give free Las Vegas Bowl tickets to anyone east of the Rockies who can name one of the teams in the conference. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

34 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I would fix the MWC's football postseason problem.  The 4 bowls that the MWC will have tie-ins in 2020 is a joke.  I would create a novel concept that may be a colossal success or may be a complete failure but I would try something other than staying with the status quo and waiting to die.

I would create a novel concept of a 2 for 1 bowl package in Vegas on the same day and perhaps at Sam Boyd Stadium(i.e. the MWC has 2 bowl tie-ins in Vegas with every person that buys a ticket gaining access to both games similar to the NCAA basketball tournament). This would create a unique all day football event and would be a positive for the MWC because likely the fans from the MWC schools that stick around and watch both games will be rooting for the MWC teams. Vegas travel is pleasant, simple and relatively cheap for just about the entire United States. This also solves the issue of being at least 2 bowl games short moving forward.

My fix would address the following issues:

Issue: Bowl games are often in front of empty stadiums.
Solution: 4 teams, 2 games and 1 ticket likely to lead to a packed house

Issue: The MWC will be short at least 2 post season opportunities after 2019
Solution: Create 'new' games in a desirable location such as Las Vegas

Issue: Bowl games sometimes are not well attended due to location and travel difficulties
Solution: Schedule the games in Vegas on a day that people may be able to travel (i.e. the saturday after Christmas)

Issue: ESPN dictates where teams play during bowl season.
Solution: To hell with ESPN. Reach agreement with any other myriad of entities that would love to show college football in December. As part of the agreement, have specific requirements as to how the teams playing will be selected. Could be as simple as the MWC championship game winner and loser qualifies for the 2 bowl games in Vegas.

I would go to one game in Vegas, but not 2 in one day.  I'd be at the craps table when my team isn't playing.

Work with the Pac-12 to come together for a solution to late kick-off times. Both conferences suffer in reputation and financially from lack of awake eyeballs watching the games.

Maybe change the Pac-12 network into a Western Sports network, with kick-off times no later than 5 p.m. Pacific. Then you have more viewers, and can demand a larger price from advertisers.

They might not need the MWC, but I'd at least check if there's something that can be done.

1) Move SJSU out

2) Slide Boise to the Western Division

3) Add BYU (Mountain) in all sports and add Gonzaga in bball

4) Find a high end sponsor for a late December bowl game in LA area or Las Vegas for conf champ against At-Large

5) Make sure SJSU went away

6) F ESPN and go all in on Fox for the MWC with a game of the week set up every week kicking off at 10am MST (make the game picked fluid, similar to NFL)  

7) Create the Qualtrics Wasatch Bowl in SLC as an additional tie in, play it in Rice Eccles. 

8) Get my hair did

tetons1.jpg

I’d fire all of the officials on the donk payroll, make SUDS get a stadium, I’d give FS home field every time the play the donks in the MWCCG.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Separate from the p5 and form our own division with the other g5 conferences that culminates with an 8-team tournament at the end of the season. Call it “the real goddamn national championship.”

ignore the other sports

2 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Separate from the p5 and form our own division with the other g5 conferences that culminates with an 8-team tournament at the end of the season. Call it “The REAL Goddamn National Championship.

ignore the other sports

FIFY