Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

Critiquing The Worst College Football Stadiums

Also, they need to pull the south bleachers back about 30 feet and the north student section by about 20. I lost count on how many times receivers hit the wall after a throw in the endzone, or the ball flying high and hitting a fan in the first row

5 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

I don’t have an angle. It’s just a video to share, since it has an MWC connection. I just made the observation that SJSU was not included in the list. I’m not exactly sure why that riled you up, But it apparently did. Just enjoy the ride.

Just put it on ignore, you know he has SJSUS

4 hours ago, bigd said:

Actually a pretty funny video. I definitely expected Mackay to make the list, and that it is one of the worst in FBS, but there are definitely worse after watching this. Kent State and UL Monroe look awful.

I haven't been to Aloha, but the list probably should've been Nevada and SJSU instead of Hawaii and UNM. Although the renovation did make Mackay look a lot nicer, its just lipstick on a pig.

Mackey is awful 

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

That joke was already used for SJSU. Try again, mr. Original 

what a thrill that must have been for you.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Nah, but this was, though. Hope your Tuesday was great. 

6EA950DF-7CDF-4945-ADA9-FF6B8B8EA121.thumb.jpeg.5aaaccec9036d85101fae0a27f986689.jpeg

Actually, it was great. Better than your cute little picture. I promise.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

11 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

So cute. Too bad your sorry ass football team will never sniff one. Enjoy the Big Sky. Or no football at all. 

Aaaaw, we got a Grumpy Gus over here. But then, that wasn't a very nice thing for me to minimize something that is obviously very important to you. So, in the spirit of the season, I'm glad you got what you wanted for Christmas this year. I did too! And early, even. Lucky us!

On 12/4/2018 at 7:25 AM, NVGiant said:

Mackay is terrible, but Aloha is bad. I went for the 2010 game. I felt like I needed a tetanus shot. When Aloha was new I think it was a nice stadium. 

I thought Mackay was pretty nice.  However, I didn't see much other than the VIP Lounge & our 50-yrd-line seats 4-rows in front of said VIP Lounge.

First Rate Tailgates in the North Lot as well.

¡¡¡ Thanks @mugtang !!!

11 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

So cute. Too bad your sorry ass football team will never sniff one. Enjoy the Big Sky. Or no football at all. 

¡¡¡ Come on...come all !!! 

Our resident 7th Grader is on a roll.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:30 AM, RogueStout said:

It wasn't "designed" at all. It was pieced together during one of the most meteoric rises of a Football program in history. 

People can bang on our stadium all they want. I won't defend it. I am still to this day in awe that we are where we are. We are really lucky to even have what we have in all honesty. 

I can't think of a school which has managed its football program better. Had my school's administration been equally as astute, what with how much money the P12 has been leaving on the table by failing to get its network on DirecTV, failing to seriously compete for national championships and the like, SDSU would be a virtual lock for admission the next time that conference considers expansion. (And yeah, we don't have a law school, a dental school or whatever but if that was the only reason anybody could come up with for keeping us out, I'm pretty sure the state legislature would allow SDSU to get out of the CSU system and voila!)

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, Cincy said:

A big shoutout to @Mike Morgan for starting this thread so that we can shine a bright light on just how pathetic Shartan Stadium is.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 11.53.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 11.54.07 AM.png

Since "poor game day experience" was a consideration the guys who made the OP link have obviously never seen the SAN!!! video.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:41 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Honestly, what’s your angle here, Mike? “We don’t have the worst stadium in the conference because this YouTuber failed to add us”?

If no one attends,. does it exist?

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I thought Mackay was pretty nice.  However, I didn't see much other than the VIP Lounge & our 50-yrd-line seats 4-rows in front of said VIP Lounge.

First Rate Tailgates in the North Lot as well.

¡¡¡ Thanks @mugtang !!!

Mackay’s never going to be confused with CSUs new stadium. But the setting is cool, and it’s on campus. The tailgating used to be freegin awesome until new buildings got in the way. It does its job. It seats 20k fans and serves beer.