Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JADogs05

Boise State Fresno State Recent Games

QB is the big question for Boise State next year. Cord is very capable if healthy and is the best running QB we have had since Hedrick. If Mattison leaves Im very confident Van Buren will be our next 1,000 yard rusher. I’m very impressed with that kid. He should have played a lot more this year. Our WR corps will be as good or better than this year. We return Hightower, Evans, Thomas, Shakir, Butler, and several very good redshirts. The Oline started poor, but progressively improved throughout the season. All return.

On defense a lot depends on Weaver returning. If he returns with Moa and Pierce back from injury the defense will be awesome. Igiehon and Lui will be two of the best DTs in the MWC. Horton will be missed. The injuries this year required a lot of backups to step up and they did. That is going to provide added depth next year. 

I truly believe next years team will be better than this year if we can avoid the number of injuries to key players we had this year. On top of that we avoid the strongest teams in the west division next year. We will be heavily favored in every game excluding Florida State and BYU on the road. 

4 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

Rypien will be tough to replace. Especially since we'll be starting a QB with very little (or no) college experience. Cord has the most, and he didn't play much. If Mattison returns for his senior season, though, it will help a lot. I'm not at all worried about our receiving corp.

By the time the MW champ games rolls alone I am sure whoever the replacement QB turns out to be will be decent enough.

Honestly I believe Mattison would be insane to stay. The way Boise uses Mattison (at least the way they did vs Fresno) = a short career. Makes more sense to get one more year of getting paid as opposed to going to college.

1 minute ago, thedude15 said:

By the time the MW champ games rolls alone I am sure whoever the replacement QB turns out to be will be decent enough.

Honestly I believe Mattison would be insane to stay. The way Boise uses Mattison (at least the way they did vs Fresno) = a short career. Makes more sense to get one more year of getting paid as opposed to going to college.

Running backs should almost always leave early.

6 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Until proven otherwise I go into every season thinking Boise is going to win 10 games and represent the mountain.   I see nothing in Boise's current recruiting or coaching to disabuse me of that notion, and the Broncos' 2019 schedule screams of a 2-2 OOC finish while bachemeier adjusts to the college game followed by a conference sweep going into the championship game.    Utah State in the finale in Logan looks like the only conference speedbump.  

If a healthy Boise defense can flip one of the FSU or BYU games...NY6 is in the cards.

Until proven otherwise I go into the season assuming the winner of the SDSU/Fresno game will represent the west.

I see no reason why that won't be the case next year. Plus we both skip Boise which noticeable increases the odds that one of us will win the west.

3 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Hard to disagree there. He carried the ball 77 times the last two games. That's just WAY too many carries.

2 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

contact positions in general should leave early - RB, LB, OL, DL. 

Yah, but running back careers are so short.  Gotta get to that second contract healthy.

Edit.  Hey Dos, do you think Alison is gone

13 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Until proven otherwise I go into the season assuming the winner of the SDSU/Fresno game will represent the west.

I see no reason why that won't be the case next year. Plus we both skip Boise which noticeable increases the odds that one of us will win the west.

The logical favorite is San Diego cause they get the Dogs at home.

But I wouldnt bet against Tedford.

I could see Hawaii possibly forcing a 3 way tie.  Reno is at Suds and at Fresno, thats tough.

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

Yah, but running back careers are so short.  Gotta get to that second contract healthy.

Edit.  Hey Dos, do you think Alison is gone

70/30 he leaves.   no inside info, just guessing.   He's played through injuries and really doesn't have anything left to prove, and he's a long way from home to boot.   I don't begrudge him jumping at the money if he does.

1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

The real question is whether or not Boise returns the ST coach....

I keed. I keed.  

Ok, no, not really. I do hope he is back for y’all

He absolutely shouldn't be... but most likely will. ST has been a disaster under the Harsin era (minus last year's blip).