Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProprietyofLeyluken

How important is NY6 Money and NCAA Credits to this conference?

Is NY6 Money and NCAA Credits crucial for the MW?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is NY6 Money and NCAA Credits crucial for the MW?

• Yes, Our athletic departments really need that money
    • No, We buy paper clips with that money

Gents,

Are the NY6 and NCAA monies really all that important for your programs?

Regardless of how the MW is doing in both categories, would the programs in the MWC be that significantly impacted by achieving those bonuses?

With TV deal negotiations fast approaching, revenue is going to be a popular topic of discussion.

It was publicly stated that the Boise sweetheart deal carries over into perpetuity. So far that agreement has netted 1 NY6 invite in 2014. Was that a big help to the conference?

Yes we need all the coin we can get. Look at UNM's AD it had to cut four sports with others on chopping block as well if things don't shape up. Lobos have one of the lowest recruiting budgets in the MWC. Whatever money can come our way we'll gladly take.

38 minutes ago, ProprietyofLeyluken said:

Gents,

Are the NY6 and NCAA monies really all that important for your programs?

Regardless of how the MW is doing in both categories, would the programs in the MWC be that significantly impacted by achieving those bonuses?

With TV deal negotiations fast approaching, revenue is going to be a popular topic of discussion.

It was publicly stated that the Boise sweetheart deal carries over into perpetuity. So far that agreement has netted 1 NY6 invite in 2014. Was that a big help to the conference?

Yes it is very important. Look what happened to CUSA when  TV MONIES took a nosedive. True they were not NCAA monies and CUSA never had any chance of going to the NY6 bowl however any loss in funds is damaging to a conference in our situation.

Yes revenue will be a topic of discussion soon and with the AAC beginning their talks with ESPN in mid December and finishing them by the first week of February we must get a contract that is substantially equal or superior to the AAC. That probably means we must deal with ESPN. Not my first choice I assure you. I do hope we are able to change CBS for NBC in regard to a second contractor.

If that goddamn Hair gave us our 3rd tier rights we'd be able to negotiate a good TV deal on our own because of our market.  That money would allow us to hire a better coaching staff and the results would prove it.           

1 hour ago, the former 1066 said:

Yes it is very important. Look what happened to CUSA when  TV MONIES took a nosedive. True they were not NCAA monies and CUSA never had any chance of going to the NY6 bowl however any loss in funds is damaging to a conference in our situation.

Yes revenue will be a topic of discussion soon and with the AAC beginning their talks with ESPN in mid December and finishing them by the first week of February we must get a contract that is substantially equal or superior to the AAC. That probably means we must deal with ESPN. Not my first choice I assure you. I do hope we are able to change CBS for NBC in regard to a second contractor.

that's good timing for us...I hope it translates to some kind of bump in ESPN pay. (I want the AAC to stick with ESPN)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

that's good timing for us...I hope it translates to some kind of bump in ESPN pay. (I want the AAC to stick with ESPN)

You will assuredly get a bump but will it be 600K or 6 million per team? No one really knows. Your boy Aresco will finally earn his pay or he will fall flat on his face and be fired. I do not know which. We are handicapped by having Hair as our commish.

As long as we get about the same amount I wish the AAC and Memphis good luck. If we do not get the same amount I will place a curse upon your league. Don't worry my curses generally don't work. However there is always a first time.

The NCAA tourney credits are important and can be real money.

The NY6 money is severely depleted by associated expenses and sharing (paper clip money!).  However, the prestige of being the NY6 G5 conference representative is pretty valuable in marketing, recruiting, etc.