Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot50B

No Bowl For Wyoming

34 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I guess I’m trying to understand the disconnect from Wyoming fans on this forum to Wyoming fans in a group like “Pokes Nation” for example. Here even the thought of games against the Borg is highly criticized, but there it’s a different story. Realistically speaking, the donor fan base can range from 24 to 90+...so yes, some of the donors are part of that younger generation.

Try wyonation. Pretty much the same as here. Hang out with some long time CJC members. Pretty much the same as well. 

I was told by no less than an associate AD that most of the reaction they received via e-mail, phone calls, and confrontation regarding byu* has been negative to the point that there is some buyers' remorse around the office.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Try wyonation. Pretty much the same as here. Hang out with some long time CJC members. Pretty much the same as well. 

I was told by no less than an associate AD that most of the reaction they received via e-mail, phone calls, and confrontation regarding byu* has been negative to the point that there is some buyers' remorse around the office.

They seriously thought it was a good idea? Were they drunk when they made the decision?

35 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

BYU will be back in the conference one day. They bring in $$$.  Not beer money but bring good crowds and they will compete for championships right away. 

You all secretly want them back. 

F-ck that. There are zero secrets about it. I want to watch byu* football wither and die. I'm not alone.

27 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

It’s me. I forgot about you guys until a BYU fan posted something from this board today on the Pac12 Board. I came on to congratulate Fresno. Read a few posts, commented on a few and will probably forget about the MWC for a few more years. 

Please do. F-ck right off back to the PAC 12 board.

5 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

It is Burman, what do you expect from the guy who brought us such stellar hires as Heath Schroyer, and Dave Christensen.

That's what we get for hiring a used car salesman 

31 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

We are talking about bowl games. In bowl games, people watching television’s are more important than attendance. Casual fans will watch a team from the bay area or Las Vegas or the salt lake city market more than they would a team from Wyoming. It’s a simple fact. Don’t take it personal. By the way, I do use Google a lot.

22 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

502302862.0.jpeg

We've already got one. Thanks, though.

22 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

All wyoming fans only live within the state borders.  I chose the name nashvillepoke because it sounded cool.

Uh, no.  There's like almost a hundred here in Colorado alone.

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Please do. F-ck right off back to the PAC 12 board.

^ This...I miss this. Never change @Wyovanian.

I haven’t been able to post much lately because job responsibilities have really ramped up. This place never gets old.

The best way to control our own destiny is to get the job done on game day. Should have won that Hawaii or Utah State game. Hopefully better luck next year for the Pokes though! I like the direction we’re going in.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

3 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

Wyoming created the MWC.  That aside, do you really think Wyo's fanbase is limited to inside the geographic borders of the State of Wyoming?

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

NO...but 98% of your fans are ppl who grew-up in wyo, or went to school there.  That limits you fanbase dramatically.

Wyoming does travel well, and has a lot of fans outside of Wyoming. When they played at UNLV, there were 2 bus loads of fans from Mesquite alone. With that said, I’m not sure they would outnumber BYU fans, unless the sparkle of being independent and going to the potato bowl in December  has put a damper on their interest..

6 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

You do understand what byu* represents and what they tried to do to this conference, right?

Look I get it, it was a bad divorce, but a rival is a rival. They’re weaker now as an independent right? Recruiting is hurting right? Why not have MWC teams play them, make more money at the gate, make more money on ice cream sales and make sure they don’t hit 6 wins? If they played Wyoming and Nevada this year, rather than UMass and NMSU, then they’re not going bowling. And then they have to re-think the P5 teams on the schedule because they can’t afford to go 5-7 every year... So if you really want them to spiral, help them spiral. 

Perhaps Wyoming should call USM

USM only played 11 games due to a game getting cancelled, and Wyoming had a game at Hawaii which would mean they can play 13 games. I wonder if they could apply for a waiver to play a game?

Both teams got screwed so I would go for it!! 

12 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

They seriously thought it was a good idea? Were they drunk when they made the decision?

Some Wyoming fans of a certain faith got Burman's ear and convinced him that it would be a good idea. He did a lousy job of seeking others' opinions. After it got scheduled, sh-t hit the office fan. One of the reasons Collins bailed...

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

That’s like a drop in the bucket with your 500,000,000 fans in Denver..

Exactly!  I'm being sarcastic though.  You can't swing a dead cat in Colorado without hitting a Poke fan.

Of course they usually grab the cat and start a cooking fire, but it is what it is.