Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot50B

No Bowl For Wyoming

10 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

So no bowl committee wanted Wyoming?  

Shocker.

False.

It has nothing to do with a committee’s selection. In fact, there were a couple bowls that would have really liked to host Wyoming. The Arizona bowl being one of them. It has everything to do with ESPN and their agreement with independent BYU.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

6 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

It’s a tale as old as college football my friend. Whenever Wyoming gets screwed over BYU is somewhere lurking around corner. Only this time it was a 6-6 YBU football team that was given an MWC bowl tie-in.

Ok....byu goes to the 1st resonders bowl and BSU plays in the Potato.  Wyoming gets left still.

So by screwing BYU, the conference gets a better bowl and a bigger payout.

6 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

False.

It has nothing to do with a committee’s selection. In fact, there were a couple bowls that would have really liked to host Wyoming. The Arizona bowl being one of them. It has everything to do with ESPN and their agreement with independent BYU.

I wonder if Burman will give Bohl and Company their bowl bonuses.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I wonder if Burman will give Bohl and Company their bowl bonuses.

That actually be would be cool. I mean, wins are wins, and they were eligible. I like how they finished, but the first two thirds of the season sucked.

8 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

That actually be would be cool. I mean, wins are wins, and they were eligible. I like how they finished, but the first two thirds of the season sucked.

Burman is between a rock and a hard place on this.  Bohl will be more than just a candidate for the open Kansas State job. He'll be one of the favorites given that KSU's AD is the same guy that hired Bohl at NDSU.

3 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Burman is between a rock and a hard place on this.  Bohl will be more than just a candidate for the open Kansas State job. He'll be one of the favorites given that KSU's AD is the same guy that hired Bohl at NDSU.

My guess is KSU's fans would revolt if they tried to hire him.

I’ve always wondered why teams that got left out don’t just schedule games with each other. How hard can it be? They’ve earned the extra practices by winning 6 games. They should just do it. If Virginia tech can pay Marshall to travel to Blacksburg for an early Christmas beatdown then Wyoming and Miami Ohio ought to be able to meet somewhere in Missouri and play a game.

Bowls are about making money and especially eyeballs. With a population of less than 700k, very few watching football in Wyoming. Wyoming is actually lucky that the MWC keeps them around. Wyoming = little contribution. 

7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I’ve always wondered why teams that got left out don’t just schedule games with each other. How hard can it be? They’ve earned the extra practices by winning 6 games. They should just do it. If Virginia tech can pay Marshall to travel to Blacksburg for an early Christmas beatdown then Wyoming and Miami Ohio ought to be able to meet somewhere in Missouri and play a game.

There are rules for the postseason that differ from the regular season. You can only play regular season games during a certain timeframe and you can only participate in a sanctioned postseason bowl.

11 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

Bowls are about making money and especially eyeballs. With a population of less than 700k, very few watching football in Wyoming. Wyoming is actually lucky that the MWC keeps them around. Wyoming = little contribution. 

Wyoming created the MWC.  That aside, do you really think Wyo's fanbase is limited to inside the geographic borders of the State of Wyoming?

2 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

Who do they think they're going to get?  College fans crack me up (Wyo fans most definitely included).

The top names that come to mind for me are Littrell, Applewhite, and Norvell. 

28 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

Who do they think they're going to get?  College fans crack me up (Wyo fans most definitely included).

I think the fans will want someone who is offensively minded. This is the Big 12 after all.

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

OTOH,  BYU/Boise sweatshirts are two-sided. Boise, er, BYU fans just pull inside out. Done. 

.. don't quit your day job. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

False.

An agreement Thompson has facilitated by allowing BYU to schedule MWC teams late in the season.   Of BYU’s 7 games in October/November, the MWC constitutes 3 of them.