Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot50B

No Bowl For Wyoming

Guest #1Stunner

Wyoming should proceed with scheduling its own bowl game this year.

If I'm Tom Burman, I'd get Southern Miss on the phone and see if they'd agree to a mid-December game at a neutral site.  Possibly Fort Collins.  Game could be streamed on Stadium.

On the plus side, I think this is Wyoming's third year in a row without a losing season.

BYU was supposedly promised a bowl by ESPN so I'm not so sure that BYU really took their spot. I think the odds for them to get in were pretty long.

5 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

If Vigen hadn't blown the Hawaii game with his patented 3 and out offense,  we would have been in a bowl game.  Not going to a bowl game is squarely on Bohl's inability to recognize the shortcomings of our offensive play calling.

At 7-5, Wyoming would have almost certainly gotten in since 7 win teams have priority over 6 win teams for at-large bowl spots.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Spot50B said:

On the plus side, I think this is Wyoming's third year in a row without a losing season.

BYU was supposedly promised a bowl by ESPN so I'm not so sure that BYU really took their spot. I think the odds for them to get in were pretty long.

BYU took Boise's spot in the Potato.  Since Boise had a better season than BYU, ESPN swapped bowls, and gave Boise a better game.

Wyoming is sitting home because Hair has failed to get the MWC a replacement for the Poinsettia.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU took Boise's spot in the Potato.  Since Boise had a better season than BYU, ESPN swapped bowls, and gave Boise a better game.

Wyoming is sitting home because Hair has failed to get the MWC a replacement for the Poinsettia.

You can't replace a bowl if one doesn't exist.  The next bowl cycle will be different.   Depends if SDSU can get their stadium built.

Actually, Wyoming only chance was for Memphis winning. 

5 ties and 7 teams eligible.  Hair got SDSU to Frisco so it would still have one bowl short.

Hair traded the Potato so BSU would play an ACC team.  He did good getting the best of what was available and how we are disadvantaged the MW in geography and have how MW fans don't travel well except for BSU.

For bowls its the tried and true gig.  Filling the stands in bowls give you better bowls.

5 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

wyoming needs to start their own bowl.the brokenback bowl sponsored by outback.

Get your geography right.  Brokenback Bowl in Tensleep.  Be sure to stop by Ten Sleep Saloon and Steakhouse and Tensleep Brewing.  Good food, good beer, and the stands are sure to be packed.

The lack of extra practice hurts, but Wyoming shot themselves in the foot not getting 7 wins.  Personally, one thing I am hoping is this puts more pressure on them to fix the offense this off season.  Say they went to a bowl and beat a mid level MAC or SWC team, that may have taken some of the pressure off Bohl and Vigen.

31 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

byu screwed wyoming out of a bowl game.:rotflmfao:

It’s a tale as old as college football my friend. Whenever Wyoming gets screwed over BYU is somewhere lurking around corner. Only this time it was a 6-6 YBU football team that was given an MWC bowl tie-in.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG