Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

New Years Six Bowls

1 minute ago, sebasour said:

Got it, so the measure of who should be the one seed is based on who played the better Sun Belt and FCS team during the season. Let's compare the 2.

Alabama

• Has played the far tougher schedule
  • Is ranked ahead of CLemson in all the computer metrics
  • Has been far more dominant than Clemson.
  • Beat the most impressive team on Clemson's resume than Clemson did.

Clemson

• Beat a better Sun Belt team than Bama did.

+++++ that's a tough call.

I'm also dying to see the essay you provide that shows me why Alabama's national titles weren't legitimate.

"played tougher schedule" - intraSEC games.  So they should be ranked #1-14 every year, right?

computer metrics - many of which don't reveal how they come up with their rankings.  Ever read "Death to the BCS"?  I'm guessing no.  Great info there about the computer rankings.

"has been far more dominant" - great, so opinion rules the day.

"beat the most impressive blahblah blah" - Inter conference play is different than OOC.  It shouldn't be the end-all be-all.  Or why the hell have OOC games at all?

Alabama had no OOC win of consequence.  Their best win was against who?  Texas A&M?  UGA was conference championship. They were ranked number one pretty much all year based on SEC play.  Clemson beat A&M too.  So what do you measure then?  You have to go to OOC, right sparky?

SEC teams need to stop lording over the entire landscape and actually participate at field level. No more all OOC home games against cupcakes. 

But there's no point continuing this conversation.  You are looking through a skewed lens and like what you see.  I don't.

We'll just agree to disagree.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

Okay, I get it. You're saying Alabama got to choose Miami instead of Texas. I didn't know that.

Alabama didn't get to choose.  It's part of the deal. The #1 seed plays in the sight closest to its stadium to prevent playing in a 'road environment '. Playing the game in Dallas is closer to Norman. Which is against the CFP rules. So , it has to be played in Miami, which is further away from Norman. 

Another stupid rule from the CFP.

6 minutes ago, sebasour said:

@Boise fan I'm curious what the ACC's signature win is? An A&M team who need 7OT's to do better than .500 in an overrated SEC West

You accuse me of straw man and now this. 

Look bud, you're the one who keeps harping about how important intra-conference play is. Have I been doing that?  No.  So your argument is invalid.

10 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

"played tougher schedule" - intraSEC games.  So they should be ranked #1-14 every year, right?

computer metrics - many of which don't reveal how they come up with their rankings.  Ever read "Death to the BCS"?  I'm guessing no.  Great info there about the computer rankings.

"has been far more dominant" - great, so opinion rules the day.

"beat the most impressive blahblah blah" - Inter conference play is different than OOC.  It shouldn't be the end-all be-all.  Or why the hell have OOC games at all?

Alabama had no OOC win of consequence.  Their best win was against who?  Texas A&M?  UGA was conference championship. They were ranked number one pretty much all year based on SEC play.  Clemson beat A&M too.  So what do you measure then?  You have to go to OOC, right sparky?

SEC teams need to stop lording over the entire landscape and actually participate at field level. No more all OOC home games against cupcakes. 

But there's no point continuing this conversation.  You are looking through a skewed lens and like what you see.  I don't.

We'll just agree to disagree.

How far down the barrel you've had to reach to claim Bama shouldn't be #1 is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. You've pulled criteria out of your ass that I've never even heard of. Bravo. 

How +++++ing delusional do you have to be to claim that beating A&M out of conference is worth more than beating them in conference?

2 minutes ago, sebasour said:

How far down the barrel you've had to reach to claim Bama shouldn't be #1 is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. You've pulled criteria out of your ass that I've never even heard of. Bravo. 

How +++++ing delusional do you have to be to claim that beating A&M out of conference is worth more than beating them in conference?

You're hopeless.  But you're a Lobos fan, so it's not surprising. 

Have a good night sparky.

Just now, Boise fan said:

You're hopeless.  But you're a Lobos fan, so it's not surprising. 

Have a good night sparky.

You too buddy, when Bama wins it all again this year I look forward to your explanation as to why their 15-0 record was a fluke and merely a conspiracy to hurt small up start programs like Ohio State and Notre Dame

3 minutes ago, sebasour said:

You too buddy, when Bama wins it all again this year I look forward to your explanation as to why their 15-0 record was a fluke and merely a conspiracy to hurt small up start programs like Ohio State and Notre Dame

Just to throw in something here...No team has won the CFP un defeated . Trend is for Oklahoma. ☺

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

Just to throw in something here...No team has won the CFP un defeated . Trend is for Oklahoma. ☺

I hope! Don't let this argument lead to you to believe I like Alabama, I just think they're going to win it all 

3 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I hope! Don't let this argument lead to you to believe I like Alabama, I just think they're going to win it all 

They very well could...I as well hope not.

I hope Oklahoma wins it or Notre Dame.Tired of Alabama and Clemson.

42 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Alabama didn't get to choose.  It's part of the deal. The #1 seed plays in the sight closest to its stadium to prevent playing in a 'road environment '. Playing the game in Dallas is closer to Norman. Which is against the CFP rules. So , it has to be played in Miami, which is further away from Norman. 

Another stupid rule from the CFP.

Why is it stupid? The same type of rule/logic is used when seeding the basketball tournament.

5 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Because I live closer to Dallas than Miami. 

Are you going to the game?

Why do you care?

Oklahoma playing in Dallas would be almost like a home game for them. I guarantee Miami is a lot farther from Norman than it is from Tuscaloosa.

39 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Are you going to the game?

Why do you care?

Oklahoma playing in Dallas would be almost like a home game for them. I guarantee Miami is a lot farther from Norman than it is from Tuscaloosa.

Not sure why you seem angry....But if you look at my original post you quoted , you'll see that I said Miami is further from Norman, etc. 

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

Not sure why you seem angry....But if you look at my original post you quoted , you'll see that I said Miami is further from Norman, etc. 

Not angry, just didn't know why you mentioned your location.

Anyway, what is there about the rationale of sending Alabama/Oklahoma to Miami that doesn't make sense?

If any team should have a "home" type advantage, shouldn't it be the number one seed?

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Not angry, just didn't know why you mentioned your location.

Anyway, what is there about the rationale of sending Alabama/Oklahoma to Miami that doesn't make sense?

If any team should have a "home" type advantage, shouldn't it be the number one seed?

Ok calm down. I mentioned my location for purely selfish reasons.

And honestly,  the ticket alloted distribution will probably be equal among schools. the remainder will be sold on the open market. So, a game in Miami, is really no ' home ' advantage to teams from Oklahoma and Alabama. 

20 hours ago, sebasour said:

Got it, so the measure of who should be the one seed is based on who played the better Sun Belt and FCS team during the season. Let's compare the 2.

Alabama

• Has played the far tougher schedule
  • Is ranked ahead of CLemson in all the computer metrics
  • Has been far more dominant than Clemson.
  • Beat the most impressive team on Clemson's resume by more than Clemson did.

Clemson

• Beat a better Sun Belt team than Bama did.

+++++ that's a tough call.

I'm also dying to see the essay you provide that shows me why Alabama's national titles weren't legitimate.

Well, if you are doubting Clemson, but think Alabama is legit, there's the last couple national championship games they split:

image.png.3bf675cf78e682a611605002deeb3680.png

Having said that, Alabama is going to win again this year and the only team remotely close is Clemson.

32 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Well, if you are doubting Clemson, but think Alabama is legit, there's the last couple national championship games they split:

image.png.3bf675cf78e682a611605002deeb3680.png

Having said that, Alabama is going to win again this year and the only team remotely close is Clemson.

Oh Clemson is really good and could beat Bama. I'm a Notre Dame fan and I'm scared shitless by them. There's no justification for ranking Clemson 1 though