Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aggzilla

BYU to the Potato bowl?

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Naggsty Butler said:

I wonder if that means they were planning on Utah State and things worked out differently.

Hmmmm.  Good point.

But probably just a bunch of amateurs running the bowl.

If so, USU was lucky to get the NM Bowl vs the Sunbelt, instead.

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Hmmmm.  Good point.

But probably just a bunch of amateurs running the bowl.

If so, USU was lucky to get the NM Bowl vs the Sunbelt, instead.

If you look at the picture they have for WMU, you'll notice it is actually a Northwestern player.

Amateurs indeed.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

Wyoming was a long shot to get a bowl game. When Poinsettia Bowl went down, ESPN said BYU would be getting into a bowl if they won 6 games so it was just which one. That is how Boise St probably got First Responders Bowl.

Las Vegas Bowl, Potato Bowl, New Mexico Bowl, Hawaii Bowl and Arizona Bowl. Those were our agreements. 5 bowls for 6 schools. Our backup agreements with Cheez-It Bowl and Redbox Bowl weren't going to happen since the conferences filled their spots in those bowl. 

Kind of an interesting matchup in Boise however.

3 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Wyoming was a long shot to get a bowl game. When Poinsettia Bowl went down, ESPN said BYU would be getting into a bowl if they won 6 games so it was just which one. That is how Boise St probably got First Responders Bowl.

Las Vegas Bowl, Potato Bowl, New Mexico Bowl, Hawaii Bowl and Arizona Bowl. Those were our agreements. 5 bowls for 6 schools. Our backup agreements with Cheez-It Bowl and Redbox Bowl weren't going to happen since the conferences filled their spots in those bowl. 

Kind of an interesting matchup in Boise however.

Yeah, we clearly had to give something up to get First Responder and Frisco.  On that note, I'm glad it was the 'Tater Bowl.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, we clearly had to give something up to get First Responder and Frisco.  On that note, I'm glad it was the 'Tater Bowl.

Frisco Bowl was actually considered as an at-large bowl. From what I read, C-USA, MWC, BYU and Sun Belt I believe all had a shot at that bowl. So would imagine that ESPN probably came to Hair and said we will put Boise st in that bowl if you give us Potato Bowl for BYU which may have moved Utah St to New Mexico and then Nevada to Arizona since Fresno was already going to Las Vegas Bowl and Hawaii to the Hawaii Bowl.

Almost every projection I saw in the last 24 hours had Nevada vs. N. Texas in New Mexico and Utah St vs. N. Illinois,Buffalo or Ohio in Potato Bowl.

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Frisco Bowl was actually considered as an at-large bowl. From what I read, C-USA, MWC, BYU and Sun Belt I believe all had a shot at that bowl. So would imagine that ESPN probably came to Hair and said we will put Boise st in that bowl if you give us Potato Bowl for BYU which may have moved Utah St to New Mexico and then Nevada to Arizona since Fresno was already going to Las Vegas Bowl and Hawaii to the Hawaii Bowl.

Almost every projection I saw in the last 24 hours had Nevada vs. N. Texas in New Mexico and Utah St vs. N. Illinois,Buffalo or Ohio in Potato Bowl.

We did good, not great, but good in what we got.  ASU and BC are good matchups.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

We did good, not great, but good in what we got.  ASU and BC are good matchups.

Can only do so much with what you are given. However if Washington St somehow got into the NY 6 Bowls that would have changed the lineup for MWC where we probably would have a team playing in RedBox Bowl because I don't think Pac12 would have meant their requirements for bowl teams.

Guest #1Stunner

Looks like Hair agreed to give the Potato to BYU, in order keep Boise out of it.  Hair horse traded and got Boise vs Boston College in the First Responder.   Wyoming is the loser in the deal, and loses a bowl opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

Looks like the commissioner is bending over for BYU. Possible new MW member? 

Only if Hair gives them the Boise + deal.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The call has gone out from the Nazarene Church ... showing up in masse to support WMU. 

Idaho Nazy's? 

O great...Not them too!

39 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Looks like Hair agreed to give the Potato to BYU, in order keep Boise out of it.  Hair horse traded and got Boise vs Boston College in the First Responder.   Wyoming is the loser in the deal, and loses a bowl opportunity.

LOL has he been living under a rock for the last decade or so? Of course Boise runs the show, I don't know where he has been. However this doesn't change the fact the chances of Wyoming going to a bowl was not very high most projections I have seen in the last couple of days to week showed Wyoming was probably getting left out.