Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogs4Me

Mattison...

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I didn’t say Harsin was a scumbag.  But the dude could barely stand up straight and then he was back in the game.   It looked suspicious and I’m guessing someone will try to use it. 

“Barely stand up straight.”  

I dissagree, he did fumble his steps getting up after the hit - but then walked off fine. 

Again, player safety and health is the most important.  

4 hours ago, fanhood said:

I don't have strong opinions on the subject, as I have not really studied it. The subject at hand though, I am relatively well read on it, so it amuses me when people (presumably you?) simply parrot the common line. Its much more complicated, and in most points that people make, the opposite is true. It is fascinating, really.

What are your opinions about teams reigning for a long time? 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

“Barely stand up straight.”  

I dissagree, he did fumble his steps getting up after the hit - but then walked off fine. 

Again, player safety and health is the most important.  

Did he walk off or did staff help him off? Anyway, I agree that coaches would have no clue what’s going on so it’s not fair to blame them — or Harsin. And the thing with football is getting your bell rung is part of the game. Mattison was taught to play through that. That kid has to be tough as chit to play as hard as he does. You see this same situation play out in most games and I’d bet most times the kids come back and play. The camera just focused on this incident for some reason. 

16 hours ago, sactowndog said:

No they don’t. That is why concussion protocol is not in the hands of the players

Do you know the steps of concussion protocol, and how to respond to them, if you want to stay in the game? I will wait. Hint - it is based on control questions. 

On 12/1/2018 at 9:39 PM, Dogs4Me said:

Cannot believe that Harsin allowed him back into the game...dude was rocked and clearly not right.

Win at all costs...?

I thought I saw them taking down a medical tent after a TV timeout. Here’s BSU’s side of the story:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article222532340.html

On 12/2/2018 at 12:45 PM, Dimwhit said:

Mattison is a beast. Love that guy. I hope we get him back next year. But I hope he doesn’t have to carry 40 times in a game again. That’s ridiculous. But he was the only offensive player doing anything last night. 

That's been Harsin's MO. He rode Ajayi, then McNichols, and now Mattison. I actually really like Andrew VanBuren and think he'll do really well when he's given the carries. But it won't be until Mattison leaves. 

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I thought I saw them taking down a medical tent after a TV timeout. Here’s BSU’s side of the story:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article222532340.html

Maybe it was me, or the way they showed it on TV, but it looked like he started walking to the wrong huddle after one of his carries and he was directed back to the donk huddle.

If what was shown was accurate, he should’ve been on the sideline. It looked to me like his work in OT was not the same...just looked off, but that’s my opinion.

Thanks for sharing...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

10 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

Maybe it was me, or the way they showed it on TV, but it looked like he started walking to the wrong huddle after one of his carries and he was directed back to the donk huddle.

If what was shown was accurate, he should’ve been on the sideline. It looked to me like his work in OT was not the same...just looked off, but that’s my opinion.

Thanks for sharing...

Fennis Dembo was well known for sitting on the other team's bench.  I think Matty was just wanting to say "Hi - how goes it" to the fresneck players.

down in a hole.jpg