Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smltwnrckr

Christmas songs

Anyone up for a running Christmas tunes thread? Sometimes these things can be rad. Sometimes not. I was listening to some Xmas songs with my boy tonight, gonna do the lights tomorrow if the weather is OK.

In the spirit...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

For years, whenever I heard “rockin around the Christmas tree,” the “later we’ll have some pumpkin pie” lyric, I always heard “later we’ll have some FxCKIN PIE...”

listen to it now. You won’t be able to unhear it.

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

For years, whenever I heard “rockin around the Christmas tree,” the “later we’ll have some pumpkin pie” lyric, I always heard “later we’ll have some FxCKIN PIE...”

listen to it now. You won’t be able to unhear it.

RIP these two fine, talented gentlemen.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

50 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

RIP these two fine, talented gentlemen.

This is why I posted this thread, right here. Bowie and Bing singing together. Wild.

I prefer this one to the original.

9 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Buzz Killington. 

Worse than fundamentalist christian crusades of the 20th century.

110926run_defense710.jpg

7 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Worse than fundamentalist christian crusades of the 20th century.

Being a warrior for Jesus and a warrior for Social Justice are pretty much the same thing.