Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Jeep Gladiator

24 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Of my employees still has a patriot. He seems to like it.

Probably just likes the Jeep name. 

When I took my son out a couple years ago to buy a car there were tons of Patriots on the lots for cheap.  

25 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Probably just likes the Jeep name. 

When I took my son out a couple years ago to buy a car there were tons of Patriots on the lots for cheap.  

He does have a boner for jeeps

I've never owned a Jeep but have driven quite a few as rentals. My experience has been mixed. I like the Cherokees and also the smaller traditional Wranglers for what they're designed to do. That said, I rented one of those Wrangler-type SUVs once and I'll not drive one of those again until they figure some shit out. It's like mixing a cheeseburger and a milkshake in a blender ... while both are great on their own, trying to merge the two doesn't work very well. Hopefully this pickup truck works better than the SUV.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

About time, it has been about 40 years since they had one.  Twenty years ago, my friend did a lift on a late 70s or early 80s Cherokee, he said it was challenging because some parts weren't available even on the aftermarket, put some big ass wheels and tires on it, roof rack, big fog lights, it looked awesome.

110926run_defense710.jpg

28 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

About time, it has been about 40 years since they had one.  Twenty years ago, my friend did a lift on a late 70s or early 80s Cherokee, he said it was challenging because some parts weren't available even on the aftermarket, put some big ass wheels and tires on it, roof rack, big fog lights, it looked awesome.

Oh lawd

2 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Honestly I don't get it. It's like the Avalanche. Who buys a damn pickup with a 4' bed?  You can't haul shit.

I don't think most people use or would use a full size bed to its full potential. Some also just want a little of both. A hard bed for the dirty rough stuff with a shorter wheel-base for off road. Probably one of the many reasons mid-size pick-ups, like toyotas are so globally popular.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

So what's the difference between a Patriot and a Liberty?

One of my boys just bought a used Liberty for $4500. Seems to work fine for him.

Liberty's were great. Small, cheap, decent ride with a fully capable 4-wheel drive. A shame they discontinued them. They had one in diesel too. 

A lot of the base-line patriots that replaced the Liberty's are really gut-less and hardly different than a CRV IMO.

27 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Honestly I don't get it. It's like the Avalanche. Who buys a damn pickup with a 4' bed?  You can't haul shit.

I'm not interested in it if I cant haul sheet rock or plywood in the bed without it hanging over the tailgate

14 minutes ago, And? said:

I don't think most people use or would use a full size bed to its full potential. Some also just want a little of both. A hard bed for the dirty rough stuff with a shorter wheel-base for off road. Probably one of the many reasons mid-size pick-ups, like toyotas are so globally popular.

The Tacoma has a short bed but it's 6' and the Tundra is 8'. Just not sure what that smaller niche is for.  4' is not much bigger than my trunk.

12 minutes ago, rudolro said:

The Tacoma has a short bed but it's 6' and the Tundra is 8'. Just not sure what that smaller niche is for.  4' is not much bigger than my trunk.

You can get it in 5 or 6 feet, but yeah 4' isn't really gonna work for most things other than a few bags of concrete or soil or something, but still better there than in a trunk I guess.

2 hours ago, rudolro said:

That's right up @modestobulldog alley.

No way, never owned or plan to own a Sube.

Oops, my bad, my friends vehicle was a Wagoneer, not a Cherokee.  Similar to this, but white, and better looking wheels and roof custom roof rack.

110926run_defense710.jpg