Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

Michael Cohen - Stooge? Scapegoat? Idiot? Or Combo?

This happens a lot more often then you might think, yet it always surprises me.  Someone explain the rationale behind a guy, in this case a lawyer, who has a net worth of less than $1 Million, who throws away his legal career, which, allegedly, was his source of income, and gets himself in hot water with the feds for what...protect a douche-nozzle like Trump?

Is he hoping Trump will take care of him financially after he gets out of prison?  Or lets say he (like others) doesn't serve any time, or only a little time, then what?  No legal future.  So he join's the Cheeto entourage?  Seems unlikely given Trump's posturing.

Seriously I don't understand how some people knowingly and willingly throw their lives away.

So was he a complete idiot, trusting someone who put him in the position of gambling his career away (and his freedom)? 

Was he a scapegoat, set up for the fall deliberately, as insurance?

Or was he a stooge who just didn't know his ass from a hole in the wall, or perhaps he believed discovery would somehow just not happen? 

Or a combination of some/all?

I have to scratch my head in wonder at the abject stupidity of some people.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

33 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

This happens a lot more often then you might think, yet it always surprises me.  Someone explain the rationale behind a guy, in this case a lawyer, who has a net worth of less than $1 Million, who throws away his legal career, which, allegedly, was his source of income, and gets himself in hot water with the feds for what...protect a douche-nozzle like Trump?

Is he hoping Trump will take care of him financially after he gets out of prison?  Or lets say he (like others) doesn't serve any time, or only a little time, then what?  No legal future.  So he join's the Cheeto entourage?  Seems unlikely given Trump's posturing.

Seriously I don't understand how some people knowingly and willingly throw their lives away.

So was he a complete idiot, trusting someone who put him in the position of gambling his career away (and his freedom)? 

Was he a scapegoat, set up for the fall deliberately, as insurance?

Or was he a stooge who just didn't know his ass from a hole in the wall, or perhaps he believed discovery would somehow just not happen? 

Or a combination of some/all?

I have to scratch my head in wonder at the abject stupidity of some people.

Its good to be the King! 

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F06%2Ftrump-king1.jpg&w=800&q=85

I think Manafort's plan is to emulate Robert Vesco. Vesco managed to sneak out of the country so he didn't need to be pardoned by Nixon. Trump will need to pardon Manafort of federal crimes in order for Manafort to leave the U.S. but it wouldn't surprise me if Trump pardons him that Manafort isn't planning on bolting before he can be brought up on state charges. Since Vesco managed to evade extradition for 37 years before dying of cancer in Cuba, Manafort should have no trouble finding a safe haven for the remainder of his years (he's 69).

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Donald Trump for one thing. Nobody in their right mind ever thought the White House could again become as much a clusterphuck as when Nixon resided there but we're halfway to that point and Fakeprez still has 26 months left.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I think Manafort's plan is to emulate Robert Vesco. Vesco managed to sneak out of the country so he didn't need to be pardoned by Nixon. Trump will need to pardon Manafort of federal crimes in order for Manafort to leave the U.S. but it wouldn't surprise me if Trump pardons him that Manafort isn't planning on bolting before he can be brought up on state charges. Since Vesco managed to evade extradition for 37 years before dying of cancer in Cuba, Manafort should have no trouble finding a safe haven for the remainder of his years (he's 69).

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Donald Trump for one thing. Nobody in their right mind ever thought the White House could again become as much a clusterphuck as when Nixon resided there but we're halfway to that point and Fakeprez still has 26 months left.

Not much of a deal for him.  Unless Trump stocked an offshore bank account for him.  Or he wants to turn in his suits to become a street vendor in Costa Rica or someplace.  Watch out for him Akkula, if he skips town!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

He looked up to Russian mafia strongmen when he was growing up in Brighton Beach. He then latched himself to Trump thinking that he was like the people he idolized when he was younger. Then the man that he idolized and said he would take a bullet for betrayed him, so Cohen decided to betray him back. I don't think he's a heroic figure or a sympathetic one... he's simply somebody that made some shit choices in people that he backed, and then appears to have gained a conscience (or had one forced upon him) later on in life. 

24 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Not much of a deal for him.  Unless Trump stocked an offshore bank account for him.  Or he wants to turn in his suits to become a street vendor in Costa Rica or someplace.  Watch out for him Akkula, if he skips town!

That is why I am here too.  Evading the law:ph34r:

Posted Image

I think Trump pardons all the same day the new Democratic Congress is sworn in.  That leads to impeachment.  Then Trump, Melania, Stormy, Cohen, Comey, Flynn, Kavanaugh, Fienstien, Manafort, McDougal, Mueller, McCabe, Page, Strock, and others shack up on a tour bus, traverse the country, and come to a stage near you.

110926run_defense710.jpg