Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Sanchez is..............

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

I think Sanchez needs to deliver at least 2 bowl seasons to cool off the seat. Probably even a bowl win. He will need to prove that he and his program are for real. I think that a day of meeting expectations are on the rise at UNLV. I know that is a crazy statement based on our current state of the programs but I get a feeling that with the arrival of pro teams more will be expected rather than less.

I think that is probably a wise approach.  You aren't the only game in town anymore.  You have to put a good product on the field and court or risk becoming the next San Jose State.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Why is Sanchez still coach?

1. He can not coach

2. He does not seem to be able to develop players.

3. He is by no means a superior or even average recruiter.

4. He is not a strategist.

5. Does he even give a damn?

Perhaps he remains because he works cheap and the Pres and athletic people just do not care about football. With UNLV game attendance as it is it seems the students don't care either.

It is also the case future competition with the NFL will very likely reduce attendance as it has in many other cities. Still I hope you can develop a better program for the benefit of the MWC. Even if many of you are primarily interested in basketball.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF YOU BELIEVE THIS BRIEF COMMENT IS INACCURATE. I look to try to better understand the thoughts of UNLV fans on this important matter.

14 hours ago, the former 1066 said:

Why is Sanchez still coach?

1. He can not coach

2. He does not seem to be able to develop players.

3. He is by no means a superior or even average recruiter.

4. He is not a strategist.

5. Does he even give a damn?

Perhaps he remains because he works cheap and the Pres and athletic people just do not care about football. With UNLV game attendance as it is it seems the students don't care either.

It is also the case future competition with the NFL will very likely reduce attendance as it has in many other cities. Still I hope you can develop a better program for the benefit of the MWC. Even if many of you are primarily interested in basketball.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF YOU BELIEVE THIS BRIEF COMMENT IS INACCURATE. I look to try to better understand the thoughts of UNLV fans on this important matter.

Is someone salty a guy that can't coach, can't develop players, can't recruit, can't strategize, and doesn't give a damn was able to beat his team in their own building?  Besides just stating opinions on Sanchez's supposed deficiencies, why don't you back up your claims?  Maybe someone will respond.  I don't think Sanchez can get it done, but to say the things you said is lazy and just not true.  Of course you could just be a troll, and in that case.......

20 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

Is someone salty a guy that can't coach, can't develop players, can't recruit, can't strategize, and doesn't give a damn was able to beat his team in their own building?  Besides just stating opinions on Sanchez's supposed deficiencies, why don't you back up your claims?  Maybe someone will respond.  I don't think Sanchez can get it done, but to say the things you said is lazy and just not true.  Of course you could just be a troll, and in that case.......

1.  His record

2.  Any players seem to be getting better?  Anybody going to the NFL?

3.  Recruiting ratings agree. 

4.  See win loss record. 

5.  Don't know if he gives a damm. Know he likes taking selfies on private jets. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Again not trying to stick up for him, but saying he can't coach is crap.  He can certainly coach and has shown that at times.  If you have ever been to one of his practices you'd understand that.  As for points 2 and 3, well you may have something there, but those go hand in hand.  The better recruits you get the better chance they move onto the NFL.  We are talking UNLV here.  The doormat of college football for 30+ years.  Hard to change that in 4 years.  Does he give a damn.....well of course he does.  If he didn't, his players would have given up on him which they certainly didn't.  Look, he will get one more year then shown the door, but I just hate when people put out opinions on coaches without any support of their statements.  

Doesn't look like he's going to keep his job after next year unless there is massive improvement.

2019 schedule

1-10 FCS Southern Utah - easy win

8-4 Arkansas State - probable loss

8-4 Northwestern - loss

6-6 Vanderbilt - probable loss

MW road games at CSU, Fresno, Nevada, Wyoming (3-1 best case scenario)

MW home games vs. Boise, Hawaii, SDSU, SJSU (2-2 best case scenario)

That's 6-6 if just about everything goes right.  I think 4-8 again (or worse) is much more likely.

I personally expect to see the football program take a step up and I also believe that the program as a whole has already done exactly that. While the wins haven't been as many as we would want to this point they haven't been a total shame either. I'm actually happy to see a slightly tougher schedule next year as well.

5 hours ago, Poster17 said:

I will let Boise with a s answer the first 4 points since he has already done a good job in that regard. Point number 5 was a question (note question mark) not a statement. You have not answered that question. Perhaps you don''t know either.

10 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Doesn't look like he's going to keep his job after next year unless there is massive improvement.

2019 schedule

1-10 FCS Southern Utah - easy win

8-4 Arkansas State - probable loss

8-4 Northwestern - loss

6-6 Vanderbilt - probable loss

MW road games at CSU, Fresno, Nevada, Wyoming (3-1 best case scenario)

MW home games vs. Boise, Hawaii, SDSU, SJSU (2-2 best case scenario)

That's 6-6 if just about everything goes right.  I think 4-8 again (or worse) is much more likely.

I think UNLV has a decent shot against Arkie State at home but you are being generous with conference wins. The Rebs play a significantly tougher conference schedule next year-- on paper at least.

48 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I think UNLV has a decent shot against Arkie State at home but you are being generous with conference wins. The Rebs play a significantly tougher conference schedule next year-- on paper at least.

I agree. They aren't going 3-1 on the road.  They'd also be fortunate to go 2-2 at home.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 11/30/2018 at 1:44 PM, the former 1066 said:

I will let Boise with a s answer the first 4 points since he has already done a good job in that regard. Point number 5 was a question (note question mark) not a statement. You have not answered that question. Perhaps you don''t know either.

I did answer the question.  I stated "Does he give a damn.....well of course he does.  If he didn't, his players would have given up on him which they certainly didn't."  Again, not saying I support him, but calling out those who think he doesn't know how to coach.  It is a lazy, cop-out statement just as saying he doesn't give a damn.  I get it.  Hyperbole speak is the rage these days, but it doesn't make it correct or appropriate.