Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

Kliff Kingsbury

32 minutes ago, aztech said:

Mike Leach wants it back and will probably get it.

That's funny.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/01/07/mike-leach-texas-tech-feud-new-lawsuit/1010374001/

And...

I spoke to Mike Leach last night and he said he isn't interested in returning to Texas Tech. "They didn’t pay me last time. And I’m happy here.” Asked to elaborate, he said: "They haven’t paid me for 2009 and we won 9 games that year. And they haven’t won 9 games since."

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Kingsbury is gonna be SDSU’s new offensive coordinator 😎

Nope.  He's told people in confidence that without Christian Chapman at QB the Aztecs OC position is a bad job.

Kingsbury's poison.  He had Baker Mayfield as his starting quarterback as a walk on Freshman.  He wouldn't give him a scholarship after the season and told him he wasn't even assured of being the starter the next year.  What an eye for talent on that guy.

10 hours ago, Swedish said:

It’s been so hard for me the last couple of seasons to get excited for UNM football. UNM needs to do something right now.  In a perfect world UNM would hire this guy to be our new coach. He’s young and energetic. The exact opposite of Davie. But I’m aware that UNM will be stuck with David for years to come. He would be a great pickup for a MW school. 

Kingsbury would be a great hire on the offensive side with the players we have in place and who he could bring in. The trick would be who he would bring in to run the defense. I think a hire like him would fire up the fan base.

2 hours ago, masterfrog said:

Kingsbury's poison.  He had Baker Mayfield as his starting quarterback as a walk on Freshman.  He wouldn't give him a scholarship after the season and told him he wasn't even assured of being the starter the next year.  What an eye for talent on that guy.

Well Bob Davie is the only D1 coach to offer Baker a schollie so let's not get carried away.

13 hours ago, RSF said:

That's funny.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/01/07/mike-leach-texas-tech-feud-new-lawsuit/1010374001/

And...

I spoke to Mike Leach last night and he said he isn't interested in returning to Texas Tech. "They didn’t pay me last time. And I’m happy here.” Asked to elaborate, he said: "They haven’t paid me for 2009 and we won 9 games that year. And they haven’t won 9 games since."

That was in January.

10 hours ago, masterfrog said:

Oh yea, horrible eye for quarterback talent.  That Patrick Mahomes guy and that backup Davis Webb guy that he recruited, developed and went with instead were both terrible.

19 hours ago, Swedish said:

It’s been so hard for me the last couple of seasons to get excited for UNM football. UNM needs to do something right now.  In a perfect world UNM would hire this guy to be our new coach. He’s young and energetic. The exact opposite of Davie. But I’m aware that UNM will be stuck with David for years to come. He would be a great pickup for a MW school. 

“Young and Energetic”. LMAO. Same words used by SJSU fans to describe the Brennan hire 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

17 hours ago, RSF said:

That's funny.  

And...

Yeah Tech completely fuked Leach over. I would be shocked if they were able to get him back there.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

7 hours ago, aztech said:

That was in January.

No, that was Monday.  The lawsuit was filed in January.  And is still active.  And Leach is still pissed about it.

Kingsbury (aka Coach Bro) has been on the hot seat for 3 years.  None of this is taking anybody by surprise.  there are certainly those in W Texas who would love to get Leach back, but far more who want him right where he is - thousands of miles away.  And the feeling is mutual.  Which is why they arent even trying to lure him back.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On Thursday, the NBC affiliate in Lubbock reported Hocutt was in negotiations with Wells.

21 hours ago, RSF said:

Leach is the ultimate troll, he is God's gift to college football. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

20 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I don't know about that.  I've never had a $100k watch give me the wrong time...

Do you have any idea how many mountain bikes you could get for 100k?

Shit, I'd have enough $ left over to keep me in beer and burritos for the rest of my life. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok