Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

Kliff Kingsbury

It’s been so hard for me the last couple of seasons to get excited for UNM football. UNM needs to do something right now.  In a perfect world UNM would hire this guy to be our new coach. He’s young and energetic. The exact opposite of Davie. But I’m aware that UNM will be stuck with David for years to come. He would be a great pickup for a MW school. 

swedish-alfup.png

13 minutes ago, Swedish said:

It’s been so hard for me the last couple of seasons to get excited for UNM football. UNM needs to do something right now.  In a perfect world UNM would hire this guy to be our new coach. He’s young and energetic. The exact opposite of Davie. But I’m aware that UNM will be stuck with David for years to come. He would be a great pickup for a MW school. 

Klimt?  Don't you mean Kliff?

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Maybe, but it's kind of hard to call vegas FB an "attractive job."  Historically, it's a place where coaches go to die.  

We haven't had a coach like Kingsbury before. He's young, has an offensive identity, and can build a program around that. He's certainly not a milquetoast football coach. He may be the guy.

Of course, I doubt we have the money and/or ambition to make that move.

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Maybe, but it's kind of hard to call vegas FB an "attractive job."  Historically, it's a place where coaches go to die.  

Once they move into the new stadium I could see it becoming very attractive. 

swedish-alfup.png

57 minutes ago, Swedish said:

Davie looked completely defeated against Wyoming.  UNM as a team appeared to just give up in the 4th quarter.  I can't see how UNM could go forward with Davie and have any excitement in the program.  

5 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's amazing that we haven't tried to lure him away from that dumpster fire of a team.  Fire Wicker!

Have to recruit his wife. Show her homes in Coronado and La Jolla. What is Wicker thinking?!

1 hour ago, Swedish said:

Not sure why, but Davie always reminded me of Beaker from the Muppets Show for some reason.