Aslowhiteguy

Realtime RPI...

still shows Nevada at 5-1 with a loss to Tulsa.

I thought they would have corrected their error by now.

Perhaps that site isn't as reliable as I thought.   It makes me wonder how many other errors they have failed to catch and correct.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_420_Men.html

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

still shows Nevada at 5-1 with a loss to Tulsa.

I thought they would have corrected their error by now.

Perhaps that site isn't as reliable as I thought.   It makes me wonder how many other errors they have failed to catch and correct.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_420_Men.html

I think a lot of these RPI sites have computational and input errors that we never know about.

• Like 1

Most of the best RPI sites have stopped updating this season all together because the NCAA has adopted a new ranking system called the NET rankings to replace the RPI moving forward. NET Rankings explained here : The NET, explained

The first NET rankings were released today:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

MWC Teams

• #13 - Nevada
  • #37 - Utah State
  • #47 - UNLV
  • #64 - Fresno State
  • #96 - SDSU
  • #204 - CSU
  • #210 - New Mexico
  • #223 - Boise State
  • #253 - Air Force
  • #285 - Wyoming
  • #320 - SJSU
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Most of the best RPI sites have stopped updating this season all together because the NCAA has adopted a new ranking system called the NET rankings to replace the RPI moving forward. NET Rankings explained here : The NET, explained

The first NET rankings were released today:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

MWC Teams

• #13 - Nevada
  • #37 - Utah State
  • #47 - UNLV
  • #64 - Fresno State
  • #96 - SDSU
  • #204 - CSU
  • #210 - New Mexico
  • #223 - Boise State
  • #253 - Air Force
  • #285 - Wyoming
  • #320 - SJSU

Thanks for the update, I hadn't even realized this. Good to see 5 top 100 teams already, but 6 sub-200 is pretty awful.

1 hour ago, Twintop said:

Speaking of RPI, has RPI Forecast been abandoned (in light of the new NET Rankings)? It's still showing results from the end of last season. IIRC it was a USU fan (AggieSox maybe?) that was responsible for it.

I was wondering that myself. Yes, it is maintained by a USU fan. (freakboy on the USU board. I don't think he posts on this site.) I know of know him IRL. I've been meaning to shoot him an e-mail to see if he plans to bring the site online again. I hope it's not dead. That was always one of my favorite sites during basketball season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanfordAggie said:

I was wondering that myself. Yes, it is maintained by a USU fan. (freakboy on the USU board. I don't think he posts on this site.) I know of know him IRL. I've been meaning to shoot him an e-mail to see if he plans to bring the site online again. I hope it's not dead. That was always one of my favorite sites during basketball season.

Freakboy! Yes, that name is definitely ringing a bell to me. Thanks for that.

Even if RPI is a deprecated metric it would be nice to have RPI Forecast around, especially for the outcome simulations. I don't know how he had the underlying system architected to produce the results, but I can imagine it wasn't inexpensive to maintain.

Maybe he'll surprise us and release NETForcast in the future! :Clapping: